project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Can neither download nor build maps on FC-18  (Read 2568 times)

Offline wvxvw

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Can neither download nor build maps on FC-18
« on: October 30, 2013, 12:30:06 pm »
Hi,

I'm trying to build the game from trunk, but I'm facing various issues with maps, which I'll describe soon. I'm following build instructions for Suse, which should be similar to Fedora. So far I was able to compile the lang target.

1. maps target doesn't compile, missing shared object library ufo2maps. The documentations says the so file must have been built in previous steps (? maybe, unclear). It tells to add the shared object to the $PATH, but it isn't anywhere to be found. So I don't know how to proceed.

2. Downloading the maps fails because the URL http://static.ufo.ludwigf.org/maps/Maps doesn't exist (any more?). I came across the mention of this list of maps: http://ufoai.org/maps/2.5/MAPS, but its format is incompatible with what download scripts assumes it to be (? maybe, or maybe it's a different list altogether)

3. The Python build script assumes some other suspicious version of Python... And so error reporting is not working as the author intended it to work. For example
Code: [Select]
error('%s: %s' % (e.message, e.reason[1]))
Would've been
error('%s: %s' % (e.msg, e.reason))
In Python 2.X

Would appreciate your  help!

In addition to above, if I try to build the phony target, I get this:

* [UFO] src/shared/images.c
src/shared/images.c: In function ‘Img_GetImageTypes’:
src/shared/images.c:72:9: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from ‘char **’ to ‘const char **’ must be ‘const’ qualified [-Wcast-qual]
src/shared/images.c: In function ‘R_WritePNG’:
src/shared/images.c:103:37: error: ‘Z_DEFAULT_COMPRESSION’ undeclared (first use in this function)
src/shared/images.c:103:37: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make: *** [debug-linux-gnu-x86_64/client/shared/images.o] Error 1
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:45:21 pm by wvxvw »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Can neither download nor build maps on FC-18
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 02:16:21 pm »
The instructions for Suse are very old and outdated. Maybe you could help us with updating it? :)

The first issue in it is that we're not using SVN anymore but switched to Git. You can find instructions to get  the latest source tree in the Getting the source article. I suggest changing to ufoai_2.5 branch once you got the Git checkout because we're doing heavy changes in UI in the master branch so it is a bit buggy now..

-geever

Offline wvxvw

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 02:33:27 pm »
Oh, I see, thanks!

I'll get to it this evening and see how far can I get.

Offline wvxvw

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 06:44:05 pm »
OK, It built w/o a problem. It also seems to run, I have sound, mouse and keyboard work, but... It switched me to my laptop monitor :) I've laptop connected to what remains of my desktop machine, including monitor, and normally I only use the desktop one. Is this something known or did I discover something new? It's not a problem to run it like this, just a bit strange.