project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Problem with strange green world map + workaround  (Read 2433 times)

Offline pe9298

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Problem with strange green world map + workaround
« on: November 04, 2013, 11:39:07 pm »
I have a strange green world map when I load a saved file after starting.

The world is green, not an even green, but a mottled green.. There are no country boundaries. You can just see all the other feature, e.g. city lights where it is dark.

If I reload an earlier saved game, same problem.

But I have found a workaround. I just restart the game completely (not from a saved game) and the world map is OK. Then I restart again and load the game I wanted in the first place, and all is OK.

2.5 dev, IA-32, version of 25 Sept.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with strange green world map + workaround
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 12:49:58 am »
This is a known bug -- see bugs #4854 and #4946

There's also an easier workaround: just open the console and enter map_overlay xvi

Offline pe9298

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 09:00:03 am »
Thanks for the quick answer. I did scan the forum to see if something similar was easy to find, but I had not looked at the bug reports.

Maybe this thread can be useful for others that see this problem, and your workaround.

Offline Griever

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 11:43:05 am »
This is a known bug -- see bugs #4854 and #4946

There's also an easier workaround: just open the console and enter map_overlay xvi
Or click the button on the radar. Where you can choose to show the region boundries, radar range etc, ...

Just add it here, because I assume some people have no idea what the console is.