project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Casual player and contributor  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Karamel

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Casual player and contributor
« on: February 02, 2014, 11:35:49 am »
Hello

I'll try not to write the novel of my life, but I played UFO AI a few years ago to feel like the wonderful but not free XCom UFO Defense to play and tweak. It was interesting at that time (2.2 if I remember) and now discovering 2.4 I must say the game is going the right way :)

I'm deeply convinced by the Free Software movement and have a passion for video games (like game design) and am myself a developper. Though I don't have much time to code, as I contributed to some other projects, mainly making a "noob-friendly" skirmish mod for Warzone 2100, fretting songs for Performous and tweaking some arcade game like Solarwolf and Crittical Mass to run them on a cabinet. And playing a bit to know what I'm doing.

I know I must check 2.5 and even 2.6 to get the feeling of what's going on now, but I'd like to contribute as I can. I also know that talking is fine, but doing something is much more valuable ;) So I may start from lurking in the wiki and manual to become familiar with the project and the team and see how it goes.

One last thing, I have a long-term project for a free software gaming room (aka arcade room) in France. Make local players meet each other, organize LAN parties, promote free sofwares and the magic of playing/modding/contributing and such things. It's still in early stage but there are now several mature and original games to give it a try and UFO AI is one of them.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Casual player and contributor
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 03:40:08 pm »
Hi Karamel and welcome to UFO:AI !

What you say sounds very reasonable to me, so I'm looking forward to your contributions :)