Technical support > Linux

Debian: feedback and tests welcome

<< < (2/10) > >>

Mattn:
front page post is there - thanks H-Hour.

offering binaries would be nice.

btw. i've seen your ufo wrappers support backtraces. if that is using the debian internal bug report stuff, you might want to disable the ufoai backtrace support:
see USE_SIGNALS in unix_shared.cpp (Sys_Signal)

use configure --disable-signals if you wanna disable that. but keep in mind, that we are not informed about the segfault then anymore.

Mattn:
just thought about another thing. There are bashcompletion scripts for ufo2map and ufomodel. It would be cool if you could add them, too. They are located in contrib/scripts/bashcompletion

apo:

--- Quote from: Mattn on August 25, 2013, 12:29:16 pm ---front page post is there - thanks H-Hour.

--- End quote ---
Thanks!

--- Quote from: Mattn on August 25, 2013, 12:29:16 pm ---offering binaries would be nice.

--- End quote ---
I'll upload all packages to my private VPS tomorrow and report back.

--- Quote from: Mattn on August 25, 2013, 12:29:16 pm ---btw. i've seen your ufo wrappers support backtraces. if that is using the debian internal bug report stuff, you might want to disable the ufoai backtrace support:
see USE_SIGNALS in unix_shared.cpp (Sys_Signal)

use configure --disable-signals if you wanna disable that. but keep in mind, that we are not informed about the segfault then anymore.

--- End quote ---

Debian doesn't provide debugging symbols for all packages like Ubuntu does (apport) and those packages are only provided on a case by case basis. I think it makes sense to supply a -dbg package for ufo:ai and I have already created such a package. However I presume for a useful backtrace someone has to compile the binaries with no optimizations but I believe that the debug package will provide enough information, so that I or anyone else can reproduce the issue.

I will add --disable-signals to configure because I bet otherwise someone would file a bug report about privacy concerns.

--- Quote from: Mattn on August 25, 2013, 12:34:52 pm ---just thought about another thing. There are bashcompletion scripts for ufo2map and ufomodel. It would be cool if you could add them, too. They are located in contrib/scripts/bashcompletion

--- End quote ---

Yes, they are already included. If you think something else from contrib might be useful, then now is the time. :)

Mattn:

--- Quote from: apo on August 25, 2013, 06:30:53 pm ---I will add --disable-signals to configure because I bet otherwise someone would file a bug report about privacy concerns.

--- End quote ---

use the cvar uploadcrashdump and set this to 0 if you want to disable the crashdump upload. the crashdump is then still created, but only kept locally.

apo:

--- Quote from: Mattn on August 25, 2013, 08:05:41 pm ---use the cvar uploadcrashdump and set this to 0 if you want to disable the crashdump upload. the crashdump is then still created, but only kept locally.

--- End quote ---

Actually I would like to keep your internal backtrace in case of segfaults but I would also like to disable uploadcrashdump by default. So just for clarification:  I have to set uploadcrashdump to 0 in my config.cfg manually? How can I make this behaviour the default for all users?

By the way I have uploaded the binaries to my VPS. As long as there are not hundreds of testers, the bandwith should be sufficient, otherwise it would be better to mirror the packages somewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version