Technical support > Linux

Debian: feedback and tests welcome

<< < (4/10) > >>

Mattn:
that might be a little bit hard to do. because we are using pkg-config's pc files, and there almost everything gtk related is included.

apo:

--- Quote from: Mattn on August 28, 2013, 08:21:04 pm ---that might be a little bit hard to do. because we are using pkg-config's pc files, and there almost everything gtk related is included.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately I haven't identified the root cause of this issue yet. Normally this could be avoided by excluding the unneeded gtk libraries in the final linker stage and I usually add "Wl,--as-needed to LDFLAGS to compensate for that. In this case it doesn't work.

Besides: I've built the game with SDL2 for the first time and it works flawlessy so far. 

wolfer:
Hi all,

Registered to give some info on my run with these packages.

Before going into details I'm on amd64 / SID.

So,
Install goes as expected I had most prerequisites, the ones which I did not were libxml1 (for ufoai-uforadiant-data) and  libgtkglext1 (for ufoai-uforadiant). Sadly there is no package named libxml1 in the official debian repo, thus I wasn't able to get the mapeditor working.
Also after installing the game server component starts up, and listens on 0.0.0.0:27910 TCP, which is in my opinion rather unwanted. As such I think it would make a lot more sense to either start the server on a need to basis or have it only listen on localhost.

Also when trying to start the game it dies with the following error:
/usr/lib/ufoai/ufo: error while loading shared libraries: libmxml.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

apo:
Hi!

Thanks for your feedback.

--- Quote ---So,
Install goes as expected I had most prerequisites, the ones which I did not were libxml1 (for ufoai-uforadiant-data) and  libgtkglext1 (for ufoai-uforadiant). Sadly there is no package named libxml1 in the official debian repo, thus I wasn't able to get the mapeditor working.
--- End quote ---

I believe you are looking for libmxml1
http://packages.debian.org/sid/libmxml1

--- Quote ---Also after installing the game server component starts up, and listens on 0.0.0.0:27910 TCP, which is in my opinion rather unwanted. As such I think it would make a lot more sense to either start the server on a need to basis or have it only listen on localhost.
--- End quote ---

The ufoai-server package contains the dedicated server. You don't need this package if you want to start a listen server, the ufoai package is then sufficient. The dedicated server is intended for server admins who want to setup a headless server with as little dependencies as possible. Normally you can set a cvar value for net_ip (at least for openarena) in your server.cfg and make the server listen only on one interface instead of all.

So in short: If you only want to play the game and host some games in your local network, the ufoai package and its dependencies is all that you need.

Mattn:
the mapeditor needs libxml2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version