Technical support > Linux

Debian: feedback and tests welcome

<< < (3/10) > >>

Mattn:
you can add this via commandline

./ufo +set uploadcrashdump 0 (just add this to your wrapper)

apo:
Alright, thanks.

As a side note: I can't no longer reproduce the crash when clicking on exit or when I disable the sound in-game. I presume this has been fixed by one of the last commits or by a Debian package upgrade.

Mattn:
that's good news.

Popi:
Hi there,

Downloaded and installed all but the music package.

Debian Jessie (3.10-2-amd64)

Radiant package required me to add the following packages:
  libgtksourceview2.0-0
  libgtkglext1

Everything installed like a breeze and game runs "as well as the compiled version" (mouse fps drops under 0 when mouse moves while in mission, so i haven't tested much gameplay -sadly-).

I don't know if you need anything else to "test" about the packages.

apo:
Hi Popi,

thanks for your feedback! I'm always looking for things which I haven't anticipated yet. So I'm interested in things like

- does the game work for you on your system
- what do you think about the ufoai-server package, does it suit your needs as a server admin?
- does the uforadiant package work, shall I suggest/recommend other packages which are useful for creating ufo:ai maps?

Well, in short everything might be useful, especially if it doesn't work for you (then I would like to know why? :) )

Regarding the ufoai-uforadiant package: I also discovered that the package could avoid useless dependencies. It seems that the radiant binary is linked against libraries that are not strictly needed because the map editor uses non of the library's symbols. I need to experiment with build/modules/uforadiant.mk a little to avoid the unnecessary linking. I get this message in my build log:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai/usr/lib/ufoai/ufo was not linked against libdl.so.2 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-server/usr/lib/ufoai-server/ufoded was not linked against libdl.so.2 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libXt.so.6 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libfontconfig.so.1 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libatk-1.0.so.0 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libogg.so.0 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libfreetype.so.6 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libICE.so.6 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libvorbis.so.0 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libpangox-1.0.so.0 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libGLU.so.1 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libXmu.so.6 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libgio-2.0.so.0 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libcairo.so.2 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libSM.so.6 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libgthread-2.0.so.0 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-uforadiant/usr/lib/uforadiant/uforadiant was not linked against libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/ufoai-tools/usr/bin/ufo2map debian/ufoai-tools/usr/bin/ufoslicer debian/ufoai-tools/usr/bin/ufomodel were not linked against libgcc_s.so.1 (they use none of the library's symbols)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version