Technical support > Linux

Debian: compiling maps and producing identical files

<< < (5/5)

apo:

--- Quote from: Mattn on August 24, 2013, 07:58:47 am ---another option would be to just disable the checksum check. i don't think this is really needed in our case... cheating would be possible with it, yes - but very unlikely. the 3 players we have that play multiplayer in general know each other ;)

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your suggestion Mattn. I also think disabling the checksum check isn't necessary. By the way does UFO:AI has a similar variable like OpenArena, sv_pure, whereby you can enable or disable compatibility to the official release?

I really hope and I'm confident that the inclusion of UFO:AI will increase the visibility of the game and more "casual" gamers will try it too. So maybe not instantly but during a period of several months you should receive more feedback here at the forum. At least I will install the dedicated ufoai-server on my game server, perhaps this boosts multiplayer gaming a little.  ;D

Mattn:
i've now disabled the check - because it was client side only anyway. so if you want to cheat, it wouldn't stop you from disabling that line and recompile the game.

no, we don't have sv_pure support.

so in either way, you should now be able to compile the maps on your own and connect to a gameserver that is using the map with a different checksum. To be honest i don't see a reasonable scenario where cheating with a modified map would make that much sense. because the vis stuff and the like is done on the server anyway.

apo:

--- Quote from: Mattn on August 25, 2013, 12:20:35 pm ---i've now disabled the check - because it was client side only anyway. so if you want to cheat, it wouldn't stop you from disabling that line and recompile the game.

--- End quote ---

I see. Thanks for taking care of this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version