Technical support > Linux

Official Debian release for UFO:AI

<< < (4/6) > >>

apo:
I'm waiting for the Debian package for SDL2_ttf at the moment but in the long run we have to switch to SDL2 anyway. I'm already scared about all the old SDL1.2 games that have no active upstream maintainer anymore but need to be converted to SDL2.  :'(

Mattn:
why? there is imo no need to convert anything that works from sdl1 to sdl2. both libraries should be able to co-exists. sdl1 is available on plattforms where sdl2 is maybe never going to work.

apo:

--- Quote from: Mattn on August 16, 2013, 09:14:25 pm ---why? there is imo no need to convert anything that works from sdl1 to sdl2. both libraries should be able to co-exists. sdl1 is available on plattforms where sdl2 is maybe never going to work.

--- End quote ---

That's probably a misunderstanding. Of course I will use SDL1 as long as it is available in Debian and no better alternatives exist. However it is clear that SDL1 will someday cease to exist. When libraries are no longer supported, they will be removed from Debian.  As soon as this happens, I need to come up with a plan to convert all Debian packages which use SDL1 to convert to SDL2. Fortunately this day is far away. So no worries here but I appreciate that you work on SDL2.

pe9298:
Any progress on the Official Debian release for UFO:AI ?

I hate having to boot up Windows just to play.  :(

apo:
Hi!

I'm waiting for the developers to release 2.5.  :)

I also need some pointers whether the picomodel library at github gets updated. At the moment the library in ufo's git repository is more up to date and I also need some kind of release tarball  for it. Otherwise I wonder if it is worth to package the library separately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version