Technical support > Linux

Official Debian release for UFO:AI

<< < (3/6) > >>

Mattn:
added some comments to the SDL_mixer crash related bugreport - your feedback would be nice.

apo:
Thanks for your feedback! I will try to get a backtrace with valgrind and report back to the bug tracker later.

Another question about the models. Shall I compile them? At the moment I'm using a model pk3 without precompiled models and the game seems to run fine.

--- Quote ---Offtopic
Which reminds me of a totally different thing: How can I request an update for a specific package where a new version is available but it's not yet in debian? I'm talking about libcunit - there is a new version available that fixes a lot of warnings due to added const keywords. It would be great to have this updated. But I don't know much about this process. Can you guide me a little?
--- End quote ---

You can file a bug report with priority wishlist against libcunit1. The best tool for that is reportbug. You can also simply write an e-mail to submit@bugs.debian.org. Just use the following header.

Package: libcunit1
Version: 2.1-0.dfsg-12
Severity: wishlist

Dear maintainer,

your text here....

Mattn:

--- Quote from: apo on August 01, 2013, 12:41:05 pm ---Thanks for your feedback! I will try to get a backtrace with valgrind and report back to the bug tracker later.

Another question about the models. Shall I compile them? At the moment I'm using a model pk3 without precompiled models and the game seems to run fine.

--- End quote ---

compiling the mdx files speed up model (and thus game) loading times. Though it's not needed, it's really recommend to pre-compile them. Otherwise the mdx files are generated on the fly whenever a new model is loaded.

--- Quote ---You can file a bug report with priority wishlist against libcunit1. The best tool for that is reportbug. You can also simply write an e-mail to submit@bugs.debian.org. Just use the following header.

--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot - will do.

apo:
Thanks for updating ufo to SDL2! I'd love to use SDL2 in Debian but unfortunately nobody has packaged SDL2_ttf yet. Perhaps that would also fix the SDL_mixer bug I reported.

Mattn:
SDL_mixer and SDL_ttf as well as SDL_image didn't get that many updates - but still a lot of fixes made it into the hg. So it's at least not impossible ;)

Beware, our SDL2 port might still be a little bit wanky. But it would be worth a try - and if just for the fullscreen and multi monitor fixes that made it into SDL2. We still have some input problems though (which i'm after)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version