Technical support > Linux

compiling 2.5 from git source

<< < (3/4) > >>

Telok:
I'll ask a new question to avoid starting a new thread with the same name.

For the last week I've been getting the following error during compiling.

--- Code: ---===> CXX [ufo] src/client/battlescape/events/event/player/e_event_centerview.cpp
===> CXX [ufo] src/client/battlescape/events/event/player/e_event_doendround.cpp
===> CXX [ufo] src/client/battlescape/events/event/player/e_event_endroundannounce.cpp
make: *** No rule to make target `src/client/battlescape/evgnts/event/player/../../../../../common/../game/chr_shared.h', needed by `debug-linux-i386/ufo/client/battlescape/events/event/player/e_event_reset.cpp.o'.  Stop.

--- End code ---

Anyone got any ideas? I've been doing $git fetch   $./compile   $make
each time and each time it's the same thing. Unfortunately I'm not yet savvy enough to grok what I need to do to fix this.

geever:

--- Quote from: Telok on July 19, 2013, 09:08:13 am ---I'll ask a new question to avoid starting a new thread with the same name.

For the last week I've been getting the following error during compiling.

Anyone got any ideas? I've been doing $git fetch   $./compile   $make
each time and each time it's the same thing. Unfortunately I'm not yet savvy enough to grok what I need to do to fix this.

--- End quote ---

First of all: git fetch is not enough, it downloads but doesn't merge the changes into your copy so basically you are still on the old code. Do git pull --rebase instead. Or to make it easier (less typing), set up an alias like:

--- Code: ---$ git config alias.up "pull --rebase"

--- End code ---

Then you can update with git up simply.

For the compilation problem, try a clean build:

--- Code: ---$ make clean
$ make

--- End code ---

(./compile is ./configure, right?)

Hope it helps!
-geever

Telok:

--- Quote from: geever on July 19, 2013, 06:51:29 pm ---
(./compile is ./configure, right?)[/size]

Hope it helps!
-geever

--- End quote ---

My bad, it is indeed ./configure

It seems to help but I've got another one for you. There’s a new error.

--- Code: ---===> CXX [ufomodel] src/ports/unix/unix_shared.cpp
===> CXX [ufomodel] src/ports/unix/unix_main.cpp
===> LD [ufomodel]
===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/commands.cpp
In file included from src/tools/radiant/radiant/ui/mainframe/mainframe.h:25:0,
                 from src/tools/radiant/radiant/commands.cpp:2:
src/tools/radiant/libs/gtkutil/window.h:25:27: fatal error: gtk/gtkwindow.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [debug-linux-i386/uforadiant/tools/radiant/radiant/commands.cpp.o] Error 1

--- End code ---

Now battlescapes do not occur.

geever:

--- Quote from: Telok on July 21, 2013, 08:27:17 am ---My bad, it is indeed ./configure

It seems to help but I've got another one for you. There’s a new error.

Now battlescapes do not occur.

--- End quote ---

The compilation error is in uforadiant, the map editor. It is probably a missing dependency.

You can disable compiling the mapeditor by running

--- Code: ---$ ./configure --disable-uforadiant

--- End code ---

Or check if you installed all the deps on the Wiki. UfoRadiant dependencies are separated.

The battlescape issue is different, you can find out more from the ufoconsole.log.

My guess is that you forgot compiling/syncing the maps. This command will download pre-compiled maps:

--- Code: ---$ make maps-sync

--- End code ---

-geever

Telok:
I actually got the maps first with the sync before running the git and compile. And the radiant bit (I did recognize it as the editor) is odd because I've always compiled with uforadiant in there without any issues. I'll try a few different things. If none of them work I'll wipe the directory and start from scratch again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version