Archive > Bugs in older version (2.4)

Game freezes on interceptions

<< < (2/2)

pjvleeuwen:
hi, thanks for getting back. Glad to hear what the problem is: for me it is very much reproducible, so maybe we might be able to think of a way in which I could help. Have been playing the game today for some hours and happened multiple times. It really ruins the game so please let's fix this thing. The description in the ticket seems quite plausible to me: indeed the issue only appears when two crafts attach each other and fly the same speed. The out-of-control adjustment of flight-plan seems to be the result when the crafts get very close / in the same spot.

Some suggestions in which I might help:

I could install the game in a VM: save just before reproduction moment (it is all in geoscape, so that is no problem) and then send you the whole VM (I can't imagine we would still get different results).

Maybe I could enable some extra debug info locally while playing the game?

I know a little about code, but do not know the game. Maybe you could lead me to the part of the code where a flight-plan gets recalculated based on a new flight-plan of the target? If so, then I might try some digging myself. But now I wouldn't even know where to start.

Anyway: best person to suggest best how I could help is you, so please let me know how we can best tackle this.

H-Hour:
I'm not the best person to provide this info, but I believe this is the code that handles aircraft routing. Look for AIR_SendAircraftPursuingUFO.

Mattn:
it might already help if you could e.g. disable multiple steps in it. e.g. rendering the route. disable it and see whether it still occurs.

entry point would e.g. be CP_CampaignFunctionPeriodicCall in cp_campaign.cpp

stuff like AIR_AircraftMakeMove might be interested, too. Does it also happen for ufos? or only for phalanx craft?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version