Archive > Bugs in older version (2.4)

Murderous Civvies?

<< < (2/3) > >>

H-Hour:

--- Quote from: jffdougan on April 08, 2013, 04:46:07 pm ---Yeah; that question was really targeted more at H-Hour, and was deliberately cryptic in order to avoid possible spoilers. Sorry to increase your confusion.

--- End quote ---

Oh, I get it now. No, this is a bug if it occurs. I have a vague recollection of reading a commit line about a fix for civilians picking up dropped weapons, but I could be making that up. May be fixed, but you can always file a formal bug report and it's less likely to be forgotten.

MonkeyHead:

--- Quote from: H-Hour on April 08, 2013, 06:07:41 pm ---Oh, I get it now. No, this is a bug if it occurs. I have a vague recollection of reading a commit line about a fix for civilians picking up dropped weapons, but I could be making that up. May be fixed, but you can always file a formal bug report and it's less likely to be forgotten.

--- End quote ---

OK, thank you. I will do just that. Alas, I have no save file for the event (thanks to getting confused on the Fuel Dump map, evacuating and getting an insta-game over before reading on here how to gain access.... d'oh!), but it seems a fairly easy thing to reproduce in any case.

EDIT: Seems the activation link for the bugtracker gives me a 404. Will try again later.

Sandro:

--- Quote from: H-Hour on April 08, 2013, 06:07:41 pm ---I have a vague recollection of reading a commit line about a fix for civilians picking up dropped weapons, but I could be making that up.

--- End quote ---

I remember it too, so it should be real :) Looking at the code, civ teams could pick up weapons (and use them later), but only if standing at the same grid at the beginning of their turn (they would not actively seek guns to scavenge). Which could explain rarity of reports related to this bug.

Nokim:
I have reported this bug. It wasn't really rare. And it's fixed in 2.5 AFAIK by changing teams' definitions for military civs to dissallow them have weapons.

Kiki:
Is just me? Killer Civvies sounds like a good idea. I mean it sounds like real life. Some lunatic tries to kill me while I'm saving him, then I catch it from general pop. Makes me think " Do I want to drop this gun, or not?" Life is hard, learn not whine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version