project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Are transfers supposed to be able to arrive late?  (Read 1856 times)

Offline SoftwareSimian

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Are transfers supposed to be able to arrive late?
« on: March 04, 2013, 04:48:21 am »
I noticed by chance that a transfer from one base to another was running late. Looking at the Transfer List it showed "ETA: 0:-5" (as in, 5 minutes overdue). The transfer did arrive eventually, about an hour late.  Is this a bug or expected behaviour?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Are transfers supposed to be able to arrive late?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 10:16:21 pm »
Transfers are checked in every hour so one hour late can happen in the current system. It would of course be better to check them in every minute but it may slow down the current campaign loop. I would rather wait changing it for the day I manage to implement some sort of eventqueue...

-geever

Offline SoftwareSimian

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Are transfers supposed to be able to arrive late?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 12:28:22 am »
That's no problem. Actually having transfers "running late" adds a little sense of realism. Rather than fixing the problem (checking transfers more frequently, or having an event queue), you could simply change the phrasing to show it's late. For example, rather than showing "ETA: 0:-5" at 0840h, since we know the next transfer-complete-check will happen at 0900h and the transfer was supposed to arrive at 0835h, you could print "ETA: 0:20 (delayed 25 minutes due to weather)" or similar.  Not important in the slightest, but could add a small amount of fun realism.