project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: just finished 2.4  (Read 1798 times)

Offline buh79

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
just finished 2.4
« on: January 30, 2013, 11:43:41 pm »
Hi Folks!
Nice Work, it is a very impressive game!  :)

Unfortunately I played 2.4 so some of my remarks might be out of date.

1. The biggest disadvantage is the game pace. For a long time nothing happens in the game. I mean I can fight thousand of Ufos but i cannot research anything or the Aliens improve. (I played the regular difficulty)
What triggers that i can research new troup transporters, or the alien virus issue. So there is some boring time.

2. The alien base occurs randomly at what time. I had bases all over the world. And never found any base. I even followed many support ufos. And then suddenly there is an alien base next to my base. It would be nice if would be not completely random.

3. Transfers: Many things can be sold and buyed at a different base. So many transfers are not needed.

4. reaction fire: reaction fire does not work always. Sometimes aliens act in front of my soldiers without any reaction fire.

5. When i want to repeat a mission after defeat my soldiers are not completely equipped.

6. Equipment is lost. Suddenly medic kits or amor is lost. E.g. The research of the heavy Nailer paused three times because the weapon disappeard randomly.

7. alien capture: how many aliens do i have to capture. Can i kill them after research?

8. Aliens seem to act dumb. They quite often walked next to my soldiers and stopped there. They advantage is the better accuracy.

9. Research: When research is completed I only get a status message but there is no easy way to read the news. I had to open it in the ufopedia.
Some Articles were missing.

OK that are my remarks.
Thanks for the game!

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: just finished 2.4
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 01:05:22 am »
1. The biggest disadvantage is the game pace. For a long time nothing happens in the game. I mean I can fight thousand of Ufos but i cannot research anything or the Aliens improve. (I played the regular difficulty)
What triggers that i can research new troup transporters, or the alien virus issue. So there is some boring time.
Improved in 2.5

3. Transfers: Many things can be sold and buyed at a different base. So many transfers are not needed.
Known. Improvements planned.

4. reaction fire: reaction fire does not work always. Sometimes aliens act in front of my soldiers without any reaction fire.
Search the forums for threads on reaction fire. It's a quite simple mechanic to use, but many players assume just setting it is enough.

7. alien capture: how many aliens do i have to capture. Can i kill them after research?
I think there is no benefit to having more than 10 live aliens at once.

8. Aliens seem to act dumb. They quite often walked next to my soldiers and stopped there. They advantage is the better accuracy.
Improved in 2.5

9. Research: When research is completed I only get a status message but there is no easy way to read the news. I had to open it in the ufopedia.
If you play 2.5 and find any like this, please point out which ones. It's an easy thing to fix, but not that easy to find which are missing.