Technical support > Mac

compiling ufoai 2.5-dev on os x 10.8 mountain lion

<< < (2/3) > >>

ovvldc:
Would it be useful to just use the SDL framework that a user can install?

jotsetung:
nope, unfortunately not (or at least I wasn't successful). the libsdl_mixer and libsdl_ttf depend on the libsdl library and thus libsdl is going to be installed automatically by macports... unfortunately the libsdl version 1.2.15_02, that causes the problem.

installation of the older libsdl however worked. I installed the 1.2.15_0 and could compile a running ufoai version on mountain lion.

...still I have the same problem that the mission "City high" is unplayable. there seems to be some problem with the map "c2_main.bsp" in maps/city2...

installation of the older version is actually pretty simple: just unzip the attached file, change into the libsdl directory and call "sudo port install". that will install the version 1.2.15_0 instead of the (presumably already installed 1.2.15_2).

jotsetung:
just an update:
libsdl package has been fixed in macports, thus no need to tweak anymore. compilation works as described.

ovvldc:
So the game plays now?

jotsetung:
yes. ufoai can be compiled on mountain lion as described on the "Download" page. building of uforadiant has however to be disabled; I didn't manage to compile or configure that.
the compiled version runs smoothly (so far) on mountain lion (64bit).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version