project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Soldier skill 'intelligence'  (Read 2715 times)

Offline bykske

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Soldier skill 'intelligence'
« on: November 04, 2012, 07:01:49 pm »
This Q may have been asked in the past, but i can't find a good answer. ???
Every soldier has his (or her) capacity in strenght, speed, weapons handling (assault, heavy weapons, sniper...) etc.

But what i still don't understand is the level of 'intelligence'. The soldiers that are offered to me, and who have 'higher intelligence', have weak abilities in weapons.
So what's the point of hiring a 'smart' soldier when you can't use him on the battlefield?
Is he going to react better (like reaction fire) when he's supposed to?
I already know that a smart soldier can get higher in ranks, but i'd rather have a good soldier with figthing capabilities then a smart soldier who can't shoot straight  :)
Or is the 'intelligence' level not important at the beginning of the game? is it going to be more usefull later on (like mind control situations as we had in X-com)?
In that case i'll have to start using smart, weak soldiers so they will be "battlehardened" by the time i'm going to need them.

Any tips on this?

i really like this game! it's a pitty that the enviroment is not destructable, and that they can't change that...
Some of those alliens are lucky, hiding behind an indestructable wall...  ;D

(sorry for possible typo's, but it's been a while since i had to wright something in English  8) )

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Soldier skill 'intelligence'
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 08:39:16 pm »
Mind attribute affects how fast will soldier improve, and will affect psionics once they're implemented.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 08:53:55 pm »
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Besides promotions, a high mind stat also means more morale, so they are less likely to panic in combat, and also, when wounded, soldiers with high mind suffer less accuracy drop than soldiers with low mind stats.
Also, IIRC, mind is the skill associated with using the medikit, but it currently has no effect.

Offline bykske

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 09:23:33 pm »
thx for the tip Darkrain!  :-*

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 01:43:38 pm »
Higher rank has any bonus in combat besides veterans already have better skills?