project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Issues i have encountered  (Read 6060 times)

Offline Holysniper

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Issues i have encountered
« on: December 26, 2012, 04:36:07 pm »
Well, first off id like to mention this game is AWESOME. Iv been playing for 2 or 3 weeks and am lovin it. But iv ran into a few issues along the way that,arent that bad but should be fixed when you guys have a chance to.
1. When chasing a ufo and my ships get under it or directly on top of it, the game slows down, well, sorta pauses, then for a split second it acts like the time has passed and freezes up again until one of the ships is destroyed. I believe the UFO Fighter is the only one that will actually let you get directly on top of it and i "THINK" thats the only one iv had this problem with.
2. IF while equipping your soldier, you place a new type of armor on top of one that he is already wearing it will replace that armor and not refund the armor to your inventory that he was wearing before.
3. This problem i got no idea whats going on. Its been about 4 months ingame and iv gotten no new research and iv done just about everything i can think of to try and stir up something i can research but i cant :( iv researched everything i can but i know theres more i can.

I would greatly appreciate a response to 3 but 1 and 2 are just to let you guys know that theyre happened.

Offline Holysniper

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Issues i have encountered
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:37:38 pm »
oh, and just an fyi but i REALLY appreciate all the time you guys must have spent creating the UFOpedia. Iv found a few grammar problems but iv read every single thing iv researched and love to read them! ^_^ so thanks for taking the time to write them well.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 05:31:59 pm »
I have to assume you played 2.4.

First and second problem are fixed already.

Third - it would need a savegame to check this out.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 07:16:28 pm »
3 - Have you built a ufo yard? If not, build it, keep (don't sell) the ufo after your next tactical mission, and you'll get plenty more things to research.

Offline Holysniper

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 07:24:33 pm »
i have not built a UFO yet, i havent even been allowed to research how to make one yet. Nor am i able to build one. I checked.

Offline Holysniper

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 07:26:28 pm »
i have not built a UFO yet, i havent even been allowed to research how to make one yet. Nor am i able to build one. I checked.
I do have a UFO yard and have researched all the UFO's.

And thanks for letting me know about 1 and 2. I didnt know a new version had came out >_<  will i be able to keep my old save games or will it corrupt them?

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 08:35:05 pm »
have you disassembled any of the ufos stored in your ufo yard?

(and the new version is a pre-release dev version, fully playable though)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:40:55 pm by kurja »

Offline Holysniper

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 09:56:35 pm »
No, that was my problem. I went back and i hadnt disassembled a single one. Now im back on track.

Offline Holysniper

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 01:14:21 am »
Thanks for all your help guys :)

Offline Anarch Cassius

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 09:37:10 pm »
This was my problem too. Even so there seems to a tech lull every so often but with more stuff coming in every day I'm not too concerned.

It might be nice to have some of the e-mails more strongly encourage dismantling for further research. I strongly got the idea I needed to capture live aliens even though this was already my inclination but I almost got the feeling dismantling wouldn't help until some other milestone was completed.

I know the idea is that you don't have a clear idea what leads to what but a simple "we might learn more if we crack some open" might stop others running in to this.

Offline Holysniper

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 06:11:12 pm »
or maybe a hint that pops up saying something giving you a hint when you have no research going on anywhere letting you know what you have to do to get research going again.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 06:35:04 pm »
... letting you know what you have to do ...

Offline Holysniper

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 11:11:56 pm »
Well, it takes some of us a while to figure that out! Theres a point in the game where people get stuck. Im just sayin it can be fixed. And hints are an easy way.

merrrrr i just beat the game >_<
I didnt even get a chance to make the new UFO ships i created an entire base of workshops and have been disassembling UFO's for the past 2 months. ANd i didnt even get to buid one! So sad :(
I think ima go back and replay it so ill get a chance to use my UFO's.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 11:33:44 am »
I´m just saying we do not make an interactive movie. We already have those "Child Mails" in 2.5-dev to prevent people using their brain too much.

No offence, oc.

Offline Holysniper

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 12:14:14 pm »
Well, some of usget stuck and dunno what to do at this certain point in the game.