project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Sniper Rifles are too uber  (Read 3501 times)

hotdog

Sniper Rifles are too uber
« on: November 26, 2006, 11:16:38 pm »
seriously though...no matter the difficulty level it only takes 1-2 shots to kill anything, thats a bit cracked...I dunno if it's me or the fact that I am only in the 3rd month but I wanted to maybe bring this up because it might be a simple over powering of a weapon.

Also my other beef with this game is the fact that you purchase things for ten times less than what you can make them for not sure if this is a bug or deliberate it just kinda seemed out of place.

And finally one last thing why can't I speed up the month I click the arrow till it goes to 12 days setting but the timer doesn't move any faster is that not a complete function yet?

Reenen

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 09:53:21 am »
How much does it cost you to make a bread?  Much cheaper (and quicker) to buy.

Noone

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 01:45:37 pm »
I can't agree the issue with the Sniper Rifle it takes me at least 4 hits to kill an armored Alien with standart sniper Rifle and 2-3 Hits with Tachyon Sniper and im playing at medium difficulty. Maybe the aliens have no armor yet?

But i agree that there has something to be fixed with the prices, if you already have to pay the workers&labs AND have to spend the time for Production it should be cheaper to produce items for your own. And to your example with the bread.. maybe its cheaper to buy a standart bread but if you want  to eat some kind of meal its much cheaper to do it yourself than go to a restaurant and buy it.

Standart Weapons (Assault Rifle eg. ) should be indeed more expensive to produce for your own, maybe even 10 times due to the advantage of mass production the economy can use and you can't.
But in the Case of Items you researched of your own YOU are the one who knows best how to produce and so YOU should be the one who can produce them at lowest cost, but they still have to be expensive due to prototype Status (Laser Rifle).

Another Point is that there has to be always enough standart Equipment on the market, i cant believe that there are only 5 Kevlar Armors on whole World available for Earths last hope to stop alien Invasion   :lol:

Reenen

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 02:17:45 pm »
You make a good point of the workers and lab guys...

Your overheads are costed elsewhere (monthly salaries), and shouldn't be included into the price 2x (or even 1x).

So that would suggest only "raw meterial" costs, which should be extremely cheap, as you already have most of the stuff you need.

But this is kinda off topic though...

Offline pete.lindsey@hotmail.com

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 05:35:29 pm »
I think the sniper rifle is fine, if anything I think there should be the potential for one shot kills with a high enough sniper rating/chance to hit

as for the production, after you mentioning the fact that I have already paid those salaries... man I feel cheated producing stuff... excellent point..

I guess the extra cost comes in from buying the do-it-yourself kit versions of the things you want to build?

hotdog

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 12:08:48 am »
Quote from: "Reenen"
How much does it cost you to make a bread?  Much cheaper (and quicker) to buy.

Dude...it's WAYYYYY cheaper to make your own bread than it is to buy it.
When you buy the ingredients you dont buy a little package of yeast or anything like that my dad made 100 loafs of his own bread at 1/6 the cost of buying them. Don't try to use breads, pastries, cakes, or any food objects for an example because of three reasons.

1.My dad was a baker
2.My mom would put Iron Chefs to shame
3.I wiegh 348 lbs.

You don't get to 348 meat and patatoe lbs. by not knowing about food my friend.

And come to think of it those aliens don't look like they are wearing anything.

Reenen

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 07:35:25 am »
To make 1 bread will cost you more.  To make 100 breads will cost you less.

That's the whole point.

If you want to create 1 tychon sniper (or whatever) it'll cost you a lot because all of your overheads will go into that 1 sniper gun.  While if you make 1000 (like the guy's you'll be buying them from will be) then it costs much less.

But see the comments in this thread.

I basically proposed you sell your technology for 50x the cost of producing one on your own.  Have a 2 month wait period, and you can buy them cheap.

Nikron

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 03:18:50 pm »
i dont know which country do you live....

Have you ever heard about Gyurcsány in Hungary? he made that making a bread is much cheaper then to buy...

Offline pete.lindsey@hotmail.com

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 05:54:15 pm »
I think there should be "mods" to sniper weapons to make them more uber... like extended clip, armor piercing rounds (or maybe biogenetic toxin rounds) reactive recoil and what not, could add some neat tactics to the game