project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Killed soldiers equipment missing/sold- bug/intentional???  (Read 2101 times)

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Killed soldiers equipment missing/sold- bug/intentional???
« on: November 13, 2012, 12:16:14 am »
I just had a mission I won (base defense) & I had 3 soldiers killed but some of their equipment was lost or was treated as alien booty & automatically sold if I had that checked on the buy/sell list. I couldn't really tell for sure which was the case other than what I started at the base with before the mission wasn't the same as when it was over but there was enough in the pool that I was able to buy what it looked like I lost. IE I had a soldier who was carrying a hvy needler (2 at the base before mission) got killed during the mission & after the mission I had 1 at the base but there were 5 in the buy pool so I bought back the missing one. I didn't count how many the aliens had during the mission but 4 sounds about right.

It does look as though it is that any alien weapons or weapons of soldiers killed during missions will be booty & sold if they're checked to autosell. Is this WAD or unintentional side effect? I'll keep a watch to be sure if this is the case.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Killed soldiers equipment missing/sold- bug/intentional???
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 08:07:08 am »
Which version do you play?

-geever

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 06:09:47 pm »
2.5 dev dated Nov5th

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 12:00:43 am »
2.5 dev dated Nov5th

Update! There was a bug in that version that removed soldiers inventory which were not on the mission but was hired at the same base. The bug was fixed on the next day...

-geever