Technical support > Linux

Ubuntu 12.10: Crash during launch

(1/4) > >>

Wirelizard:
So I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.10 last night, from 12.04. Not sure why I bothered. 12.10 seems to have given me a shiny new video driver issue, and I can't get my UFO:AI fix either.

See attached screenshot for what I get when I try to launch UFO. I'm using the PlayDeb install as recommended on the Download page, and that worked perfectly in 12.04.

Part of the problem is Ubuntu's craptastic Unity interface, which seems to have buried all the useful setup and configuration utilities somewhere unfindable... I use Unity these days, but only because it's the default, not because I like the damn thing.

Anyone got any ideas? Need my UFO fix!

leadjester:
I am having the same sort of issue. Are you by chance using a netbook using an intel chipset? Or other integrated intel video card? They have trash for driver support on linux. I ended up just installing it on my desktop for the time being. Though I much rather have it mobile.

dimanlin:
I am having the same sort of issue.
intel

Wirelizard:
I'm running a Shuttle xPC, and it does have some sort of Intel graphics card built-in.

Almost worth re-installing Ubuntu 12.04, as UFO:AI worked perfectly there, presumably the older graphic card drivers were better.

Sod. Thanks, I'll have a rummage through the Ubuntu Forums and elseweb, but it sounds like I might be out of luck with 12.10...

You know, I've already privately nicknamed Ubuntu 12.10 "Ubuntu Vista"... the nickname gets more and more apt!

ffr31:
Hello same issue here.

Launch from terminal and get "Error: Received signal 11." after libraries load.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version