project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Team Equipment Replenished inflight  (Read 1854 times)

Offline jules4cartoons

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Team Equipment Replenished inflight
« on: October 11, 2012, 08:58:29 pm »
Hi,

Fab game, having lots of fun replaying Version 2.4 after I realised I'd downloaded an older version and found the ending HUGELY disappointing. Question about the equipment on a craft though. I will often send a squad out and enter into several missions before returning to base. I send them out with plenty of ammo based on this, but after completing each mission and starting the next I find my squad's equipment has been magically replenished! Whilst this is to my benefit, I'd prefer it to be more realistic.

Also, are you working on improving the alien AI (Artificial Intelligence NOT Alien Invasion) so that they stop trying to shoot at me through solid objects. This would make the game far more challenging.

Jules

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Team Equipment Replenished inflight
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 09:35:44 pm »
Also, are you working on improving the alien AI (Artificial Intelligence NOT Alien Invasion) so that they stop trying to shoot at me through solid objects. This would make the game far more challenging.

There have been some improvements in 2.5-dev to make the AI less stupid. I think I heard Sandro say he had done something to make them shoot through walls less, but can't remember. AI is still not smart, but should be a bit tougher.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Team Equipment Replenished inflight
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 06:16:56 am »
... Question about the equipment on a craft though. I will often send a squad out and enter into several missions before returning to base. I send them out with plenty of ammo based on this, but after completing each mission and starting the next I find my squad's equipment has been magically replenished! Whilst this is to my benefit, I'd prefer it to be more realistic. ...
Jules

This is a known problem (bugreport).