project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Strange behavior of UFO  (Read 3668 times)

Nokim

Strange behavior of UFO
« on: October 07, 2012, 02:26:41 pm »
Just updated and recompiled my code and got strange behavior of UFO: single Harvester appeared near South America and flied somewhere in Eastern Siberia but was unlucky to fly over my SAM site (the only one i ever build in this campaign). Once UFO was attacked by SAM site it started to randomly change direction staying in that way over SAM site. Of course this ended in UFO shoot down. I have never seen such behavior and consider it like bug because otherwise UFO would be saved if was keeping previous course or changed it not so often preferably in direction to get away ASAP.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Strange behavior of UFO
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 03:19:41 pm »
Just updated and recompiled my code and got strange behavior of UFO: single Harvester appeared near South America and flied somewhere in Eastern Siberia but was unlucky to fly over my SAM site (the only one i ever build in this campaign). Once UFO was attacked by SAM site it started to randomly change direction staying in that way over SAM site. Of course this ended in UFO shoot down. I have never seen such behavior and consider it like bug because otherwise UFO would be saved if was keeping previous course or changed it not so often preferably in direction to get away ASAP.

That Harvestrer was bombing the installation, but failed to destroy it. It needs rebalancing.

-geever

Nokim

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 06:54:32 pm »
That Harvestrer was bombing the installation, but failed to destroy it. It needs rebalancing.
Nice... So soon i'll lose that SAM site :) Well i don't need it anyway - i destroyed alien base near it. So next two questions (just to clarify if it's known bug or feature):
1. After win on alien base i have got notification about new research: Alien Psi Device but nowhere such research appeared, neither in mailbox nor in research list.
2. Is it really intended that only thing to get from alien carrier is 1000+ alien materials with 2500+ work hours to disassemble it?

Offline Xenomx161

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 02:37:20 am »
I have cleaned an Alien Base, broght back an Alien Psi Device to my secound Base. Since there is no Reserarch Lab, I tryed to transfer the Psy Device to my homebase for Reserarch, but it never reached the Home Base. I can start the reserarch in my Homebase but without the Psy Device its aborted. I´ve serarched in every Base but the Psy-Device is gone so i´ve desided to play further and find/clear another Base.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 07:47:55 pm »
wait what, campaign no longer ends with alien base mission?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 10:35:44 pm »
wait what, campaign no longer ends with alien base mission?

Not in 2.5-dev.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 08:43:01 am »
I have cleaned an Alien Base, broght back an Alien Psi Device to my secound Base. Since there is no Reserarch Lab, I tryed to transfer the Psy Device to my homebase for Reserarch, but it never reached the Home Base. I can start the reserarch in my Homebase but without the Psy Device its aborted. I´ve serarched in every Base but the Psy-Device is gone so i´ve desided to play further and find/clear another Base.

Is there an psi device item in the game already? Last time I checked it was only a research..
Anyway, savegames before the transfer and when you try to research on homebase would help a lot.

-geever

Offline Xenomx161

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 07:42:48 pm »
Sorry, but i don´t have any saves before the transfer. I´ve thought, that there are more Bases coming so I get another chance to get a Psi Device, but nothing happens. Ufos and Missions continues but no more Base to find. I´m now downloading and trying the last 2.5-Version
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:44:21 pm by Xenomx161 »