project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: No ortnoks in 2.5  (Read 2277 times)

Offline dm_pindu

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
No ortnoks in 2.5
« on: October 06, 2012, 04:06:43 pm »
Hi everybody.

I'm playing the 2.5-dev nightly build of August 31th and I have seen several bugs (sudden game crashes, sometimes the left button doesn't work anymore, etc).

I must say that 2.5 is far better (and harder) than 2.4. I love the new healing method. In 2.4 was quite unreal to be wounded several times and to finish the mission with perfect health.  ;D

However, the most annoying issue I have seen is that, in the late game (after doing about 60-80 missions), I haven't seen a single Ortnok in any mission so I don't have any Ortnok corpse to investigate.

Please, could you tell me if this issue could make impossible to finish the game in any way?

Also, do you recommend me to update my version to the latest nightly build?
Thanks a lot.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: No ortnoks in 2.5
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 04:33:10 pm »
The Ortnoks are supposed to be much harder opponents now, thus appearing later in 2.5-dev than in 2.4. In order to check this, you need need to tell the game date and the difficulty level you are playing. It should be no problem to finish the game even if no Ortnok shows up.

Nice to hear you like the new wounds/healing system. DarkRain did a nice job there.

Updating to the latest nightly build gives you the best available version of the game, most of the time. Sometimes, of course ...

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: No ortnoks in 2.5
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 05:27:51 pm »
WOuld you be willing to provide your save game? As ShipIt said, lots of timing/rebalancing has occurred and I'd be curious to see where you are in your save: how many missions, what time, what research progress, etc.