project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 2.5 dev questions  (Read 8097 times)

Offline noctilucus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5 dev questions
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 06:25:55 pm »
Are you sure you are talking about 2.5-dev here?

Fair point, a few missions further into the game I've now noticed that this is a big difference from 2.4

Offline kbs666

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 02:17:07 am »
Do soldiers heal at all at bases without hospitals? I tried rotating my injured soldiers off to my fighter bases to serve as the defenders. However they don't seem to be healing at all which defeats the purpose.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 04:33:34 am »
Why would they? They aren't receiving any medical care.

In fact in a base with no hospital, soldier will recover HP very, VERY slowly, but wounds won't get better until they receive proper medical care, otherwise they will have lasting sequels, nothing permanent, but their combat performance will degrade, until they are healed properly.

Offline homunculus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 09:15:46 am »
[...]in a base with no hospital, soldier will recover HP very, VERY slowly, but wounds won't get better[...]
if health regenerates but wounds don't heal, i wonder if it is possible to "heal" the wounds by overflowing them to the negative, perhaps with some additional benefits like negative stat decrease?

(if some reader doesn't know what overflow is, it basically means that the soldier's hand will get so much wounded over and over that the hand will become antimatter (makes sense, doesn't it?))

Offline Triaxx2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 10:36:03 pm »
Ahem: What he means is that the stack will reach a point where it's no longer possible to contain the number of wounds, and invert the value to believe it's a positive number.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 05:01:51 pm »
it is 'int' type, so good luck overflowing that :P

In fact, due to network messages sending it as a byte, it is capped at 255, so it would need to overflow in a single attack, before the stats are sent over the network channel, with the sanity checks capping it to 255 (and if overflown it would be capped to 0, so no negative stat decrease)