project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Cancelling base construction  (Read 2613 times)

Offline tcmJOE

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Cancelling base construction
« on: August 19, 2012, 03:06:35 am »
Hello everyone,

I'd like to make a suggestion for base building:

I've had a couple of instances where I've built structures only to think "oh wait, no, I really didn't want that". Even though the game is paused and my workshop has 12 days to go, I still cannot cancel it without being penalized the entire cost of the structure.

With that in mind, I wanted to ask whether it would be possible to implement a system where, if you decide to destroy a building under construction within a very short time frame of you building it, you recover the full cost of the structure. Perhaps this could be tiered, so you have a 4 hour grace period to get a full refund (the space hasn't been excavated and you cancel your orders for the lab equipment) and an additional day to get a ~50-75% refund (work has started, but you can still stop it without wasting too much money). After that, the space has been cleared and the money has either been spent or committed, so there's no going back.

Would this be doable? I'd like a little bit of flexibility for making a mistake.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Cancelling base construction
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 11:16:04 am »
Doable but I don't like the partial and delayed refund system you describe. I think we could do removing a just built building to be free and instant, but if time passed even a little bit, the work has been already ordered machines and workers are on the way you shouldn't be able to cancel it for free.

-geever

Offline tcmJOE

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 06:02:59 pm »
Even that would be appreciated.

-tcmJOE

Offline Tyrranus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • The 5th War
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 08:40:05 am »
+5

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 02:12:19 am »
Or simply add a "Cancel" button on the building screen, bottom right. As far as you don't leave that screen, you could play and try with buildings (not unlike the Transfer screen).?