Technical support > Linux

Ubuntu 10.04: Crash out on entering battlescape.

<< < (4/5) > >>

Telok:
Using the Oct 18 build.

Telok:
Small update, the Oct 22 build won't compile.

--- Code: ---===> CXX [game] src/game/g_events.cpp
src/game/g_events.cpp: In function ‘void G_EventActorAppear(unsigned int, const edict_t*, const edict_t*)’:
src/game/g_events.cpp:477: error: ‘EV_ACTOR_APPEAR’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [debug-linux-i386/game/game/g_events.cpp.o] Error 1

--- End code ---

Telok:
Well it compiled this time, but with the error:

--- Code: ---src/shared/entitiesdef.cpp:52:25: warning: anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99
src/shared/entitiesdef.cpp:62:40: warning: anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99
src/shared/entitiesdef.cpp:84:46: warning: anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99
--- End code ---

And it still crashes out in the same place.

geever:
These are warnings not errors...

-geever

Telok:
Well then I hope they're errors that can be ignored because I can't do anything about them.

I've tried again with the Oct 30 build, no go.
The "anonymous variadic macros" are still there, "RegisterConstInt" gives a warning that "new_day = 0" and "ufo_detection = 1" are not set, music is still off (I don't mind this one, game music usually annoys me), and good old "Error: Received signal 11" is still present.

I don't know what's going wrong here. I was trying to use the linux build so I could help with the game, wanted to take a whack at the AI. But if I can't get this to work I'll have to go back to using the windows build under wine which will prevent me from doing that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version