project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Ubuntu 10.04: Crash out on entering battlescape.  (Read 8880 times)

Offline Telok

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Ubuntu 10.04: Crash out on entering battlescape.
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 01:48:11 pm »
Using the Oct 18 build.

Offline Telok

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 02:05:17 am »
Small update, the Oct 22 build won't compile.
Code: [Select]
===> CXX [game] src/game/g_events.cpp
src/game/g_events.cpp: In function ‘void G_EventActorAppear(unsigned int, const edict_t*, const edict_t*)’:
src/game/g_events.cpp:477: error: ‘EV_ACTOR_APPEAR’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [debug-linux-i386/game/game/g_events.cpp.o] Error 1

Offline Telok

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 02:13:53 am »
Well it compiled this time, but with the error:
Code: [Select]
src/shared/entitiesdef.cpp:52:25: warning: anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99
src/shared/entitiesdef.cpp:62:40: warning: anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99
src/shared/entitiesdef.cpp:84:46: warning: anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99

And it still crashes out in the same place.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 07:12:12 am »
These are warnings not errors...

-geever

Offline Telok

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 08:51:59 am »
Well then I hope they're errors that can be ignored because I can't do anything about them.

I've tried again with the Oct 30 build, no go.
The "anonymous variadic macros" are still there, "RegisterConstInt" gives a warning that "new_day = 0" and "ufo_detection = 1" are not set, music is still off (I don't mind this one, game music usually annoys me), and good old "Error: Received signal 11" is still present.

I don't know what's going wrong here. I was trying to use the linux build so I could help with the game, wanted to take a whack at the AI. But if I can't get this to work I'll have to go back to using the windows build under wine which will prevent me from doing that.

Offline Telok

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 03:43:15 am »
An interesting development.

I downloaded the windows installer three times, all three times it failed saying that it was corrupted and I should download it again.
I updated to ubuntu 11.10 and git/compiled the Nov 7th build. No changes, "variadic macros," "Error: Received signal 11," are all still there.

So I tried the windows binaries and just put them in the ufoai directory, and it sort of worked. The game has no play options besides skirmish mode (the others aren't even there on the screen) and there are no soldiers or aliens, but it does get to the battlescape and that is fully functional. Granted that without actors it gets boring fast, but the battlescape does work this way.

Neh, I'll make one last try at the windows installer. If that doesn't work I'll have to bow out.