project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Invisible aliens  (Read 4049 times)

Nokim

Invisible aliens
« on: June 05, 2012, 08:02:46 pm »
Have anybody dealt with invisible alien? I believe I met them twice already. I have not any logs or screenshots as proof however... They are shooting your soldiers but you can't see them, so you can't shoot them or figure out what going on. First time (big mansion map) i have lost battle, second (military convoy) - my soldier killed alien on reaction fire (so he could see?).

I wasn't using IR-googles then, maybe it could help...

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible aliens
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 11:59:44 pm »
I've seen something similar once w/ the little brownish lizard things (forget name offhand). In my instance it was there one turn & invisible the next & none of my guys could see it. Good thing for me was that it's morale was broken & I finally cornered it in a building to kill it. I was able to find it as none of my guys could move into it's spot so I finally just shot that spot w/ a guy next to it & it died. I was using the stable 2.4 version on a Windows Vista not the 2.5dev

Offline Xenomx161

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 06:49:44 pm »
I had an in invisible Alien too. I shot at an Ortnok but die Shot goes right thru the alien. I move my soldier away so the Ortnok was out of sight and finished my Turn. In the Alien Round the Ortnok was not counted in the top right Counter. In the next Round, I tryed to spot the AOrtnok again but it vanished so I killed the remaining Aliens but the Mission don´t End. I had moved my Soldiers to scout the Map but I don´t found any aliens. In one Alien-Round the Screen moved to a Place but no Action was detected so i send my Soldiers to the Spot. One Soldier should pass a Door but don´t. He had enough TU´s so I let him fire thru the Door. An Ortnok-Scream came and the Mission ends but there was no Ortnok visible.
I hope I could help you with my Discription and please excuse my bad English. My English-teacher spoke better Orkish then English ;)

Offline Telok

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:11:17 am »
The Dam map has this issue. You can force the issue on that map by saying around the landing pad and playing sniper. As you move your soldiers around the aliens will move around on their side. Eventually you can get one that will seem to be "stuck" partially between two tiles, really he's invisible and moving and shooting.

Force the issue by staying on your side of the Dam map and playing at sniping. I think the attached file is a Dam map.

Offline Xenomx161

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 11:00:15 am »
The Dam map has this issue. You can force the issue on that map by saying around the landing pad and playing sniper. As you move your soldiers around the aliens will move around on their side. Eventually you can get one that will seem to be "stuck" partially between two tiles, really he's invisible and moving and shooting.

Force the issue by staying on your side of the Dam map and playing at sniping. I think the attached file is a Dam map.

No, I had the Bug at the Construction-Map, and the Bug on other Maps too.

Nokim

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 12:08:31 am »
I recently had weird gunplay with invisible taman on map with military convoy. When i have seen untargetable alien i understand that game is over and it'll crash but wanted to check civilians if they try to attack again. Soon alien became invisble (and not counted as visible but clearly in field of view of some my soldiers), other dead or stunned. The most outstanding thing that soldiers can shoot alien with reaction fire. In such way alien was killed over several rounds. But my victory wasn't saved...

Last lines in log:
Remove pending event EV_ACTOR_MOVE
Error: Mem_CheckSentinels: bad memory header top sentinel [buffer underflow]
free: src/common/common.cpp:#1428

P.S. civs were peaceful... Or they accept only plasma rifle?

Nokim

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 08:32:08 pm »
New crash of this type:
Disconnecting...
Client stream was closed
Remove pending event EV_ACTOR_STATS
Error: Mem_CheckSentinels: bad memory header top sentinel [buffer underflow]
free: src/common/common.cpp:#1428
By now in collection are:
huge amount of EV_ACTOR_MOVE
several EV_ACTOR_DIE