project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: The new campaign in 2.4  (Read 4192 times)

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
The new campaign in 2.4
« on: June 19, 2012, 10:04:39 pm »
Because of my limitet knowledge of English I post this in German. If time allows I'll try to translate it in English as well.
Ich spiele die Kampangne auf Standard und bin beim 2. Juli 2084 angekommen.
Nun habe ich einen Firebird und einen schweren Einsatz mit meinen 8 Soldaten überstanden, da stürzt  das Schiff ab.
Ich habe es 2 mal hinterneinander erlebt, einmal einfach so und einmal wurde mein Schiff von einem Ufo angegriffen.

Ok, kann alles sein.
Meine Fragen: Ist das Normal? Kommt im Juli einfach mal sowas?
Und und wichtiger, ich schicke also eine Rettungsmission, gewinne, aber alle meine 8 Soldaten sind nicht mehr da, nur mein Rettungstrupp?
Ist das nicht etwas zu hoch?
Ich meine, der Verlust eines Firebirds ist doch schon schlimm, muss ich da noch alle meine mühsamen aufgeppelten Soldaten verlieren?  :'(
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:22:04 pm by Wh1sper »

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The new campaign in 2.4
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 10:34:36 pm »
Uh, I don't speak german, but from what I can get from Google translate:
Your firebird was shoot down by an UFO
yes, it happens sometimes
yes, with the limited amount of soldiers its hard when it happens early
and no currently downed soldiers don't show in the rescue mission, I think you have to rely in what you can muster to rescue them

Offline Bad_Karma

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 02:01:52 am »
Because of my limitet knowledge of English I post this in German. If time allows I'll try to translate it in English as well.
Ich spiele die Kampangne auf Standard und bin beim 2. Juli 2084 angekommen.
Nun habe ich einen Firebird und einen schweren Einsatz mit meinen 8 Soldaten überstanden, da stürzt  das Schiff ab.
Ich habe es 2 mal hinterneinander erlebt, einmal einfach so und einmal wurde mein Schiff von einem Ufo angegriffen.

Ok, kann alles sein.
Meine Fragen: Ist das Normal? Kommt im Juli einfach mal sowas?
Und und wichtiger, ich schicke also eine Rettungsmission, gewinne, aber alle meine 8 Soldaten sind nicht mehr da, nur mein Rettungstrupp?
Ist das nicht etwas zu hoch?
Ich meine, der Verlust eines Firebirds ist doch schon schlimm, muss ich da noch alle meine mühsamen aufgeppelten Soldaten verlieren?  :'(

Hi together, just registered, following is a short translation (tried to keep it in his words, which wasn't allways possible), even though there is quite a good answer allready:
"
I am playing the campaign on standard [difficulty] and have reached 2.nd July 2084.
Now that i just survived a hard mission with my Firebird and my 8 soldiers, the vessel [his firebird] crashed.
I've experienced it twice in a row, once with no reason and once my vessel [his firebird] got attacked by an UFO.

Ok, everything can be [Doesn't make much more sense in german].
My Questions: Is this normal? Does such things just happen sometimes in july?
And more importantly, i'm just doing a rescue mission, win, but all my 8 soldiers are gone, only my rescure squad is there ?
Isn't this a bit exacting [not sure about exacting - he means to hard i guess]?
I mean,after all the loss of the Firebird is bad enough, do i have to loose all my hardly nourished soldiers? :'(
"

I really wonder why your firebird crashed without an apparent reason.

Offline domanz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 03:28:12 am »
"Ist das nicht etwas zu hoch" means something like "isn't this too much punisment".

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 06:41:55 am »
Thanx for the translation and answers.

I really wonder why your firebird crashed without an apparent reason.
The only reason I can mention is in this mission my firebird has had already return from a successful mission and I tried a second one in returning. May be the fuel was empty. But shouldn't this generate a warning message before?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 09:20:13 am »
Aircraft don't crash due to fuel problems. Most probably it was shot down by an UFO - maybe undetected before (another reason could be - on low probability - that the homebase of the dropship was destroyed and there was no suitable second base to redirect the aircraft to)

About the soldiers to rescue: If a rescue mission is spawned, there are survivors and you can save them. They're not shown in the battle yet, but if you win the mission, they will be available on the base they were hired at.

-geever

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 06:34:18 pm »
Aircraft don't crash due to fuel problems.
 Most probably it was shot down by an UFO - maybe undetected before (another reason could be - on low probability - that the homebase of the dropship was destroyed and there was no suitable second base to redirect the aircraft to)

Good to know,
About the soldiers to rescue: If a rescue mission is spawned, there are survivors and you can save them. They're not shown in the battle yet, but if you win the mission, they will be available on the base they were hired at.

-geever
This is a little light in the dark ...I will investigate this  :-[

Offline Battlescared

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 01:00:26 am »
If he sped up the clock to an hour or more time frame, a UFO could probably sneak in and shoot down the firebird before he realized it was there.  I normally run them back at no more than 20 minute time frame, sometimes slower if I don't know what is around.

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 06:37:06 am »
If he sped up the clock to an hour or more time frame, a UFO could probably sneak in and shoot down the firebird before he realized it was there.  I normally run them back at no more than 20 minute time frame, sometimes slower if I don't know what is around.
Maybe. usually I prefer a hour max.
Ih my third try, the firebird didn't crash...but my base was attacked before the firebird was home again...  ::)