project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Feedback  (Read 10751 times)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 04:00:14 pm »
Are there any plans to update the buy/sell page with both prices?  This is somewhat confusing because only one price is listed.  Which price is listed?  The buy or sell price?

Yes, the UI2 will have that. For now: sell price is 90% of buy price.

And while were on it, it would be nice if the prices fluctuated wit time, though I suppose we control the market for plasma weapons, which is what I sell 99% of the time.

psssst! That's a secret plans of mine to make market respond on your steps: the more you sell, the less the price. But that isn't an easy task to implement..

-geever

Offline geisthund

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 04:40:16 pm »
how about a incorporating a slight random fluctuation in there? a bit like the price of petrol... :P

also, it would really be cool if there were occasional news updates (i know, raised already previously) from time to time. things like riots in certain countries, or new peace pacts, alien sightings etc etc. in terms of the UI it could just be a visual of a newspaper.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 04:51:25 pm »
also, it would really be cool if there were occasional news updates (i know, raised already previously) from time to time. things like riots in certain countries, or new peace pacts, alien sightings etc etc. in terms of the UI it could just be a visual of a newspaper.

Who would maintain that? It would need endless number of news events (so it's not repetitive) and a code that releases them, not too close to eachother but still quite frequently.. In short: tons of work for a useless feature...

-geever

Offline geisthund

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 05:01:12 pm »
true. low utility, but adds to realism.
you could rely on users to provide the news pieces... i'd be happy to write them. I can do the images too. the coding is beyond me.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 05:16:16 pm »
I feel almost the opposite.  I feel the base and station icons are too big and dominate too much of the geoscape.   I especially don't like when I zoom out and they get huge, often overlapping each other making it hard to click on them at times. 

I experienced both. On my pc I always had the feeling the icons are too big, while now on the laptop they are much smaller, compared to the globe. So it might depend on system in some way?

Offline geisthund

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 05:30:27 pm »
just out of curiosity... would it be possible to access bases with a mouse-in (wheel) instead of a click?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 08:15:51 pm »
just out of curiosity... would it be possible to access bases with a mouse-in (wheel) instead of a click?

Technically possible, I think. Terrible idea. Mouse-wheel up/down zooms geoscape. Player zooms in, base moves screen position and lands under the mouse, he enters base on accident.

Offline Kenji

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 10:21:07 pm »
There is no mouse wheel on my laptop, or at least that I know of.

Buy/Sell and transfer of a lot of stuff, like alien materials by the thousands, is time consuming without one. Perhaps right clicking on the arrow buy/sell transfer all in stock? Possible?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 12:27:15 am »
Buy/Sell and transfer of a lot of stuff, like alien materials by the thousands, is time consuming without one. Perhaps right clicking on the arrow buy/sell transfer all in stock? Possible?

Did you try Shift+Click?

-geever

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 12:32:40 am »
Yes, the UI2 will have that. For now: sell price is 90% of buy price.

psssst! That's a secret plans of mine to make market respond on your steps: the more you sell, the less the price. But that isn't an easy task to implement..

-geever

How about a delay on making a purchase, before the goods actually arrive at the base?

ChemBro

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 12:51:29 am »
How about a delay on making a purchase, before the goods actually arrive at the base?

That is planned, afaik.

Offline SenorWombat

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
    • Alliteration Ink
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 01:34:40 am »
Just as a general feedback (can't find a better place to post it):  Can the default CVAR for timeouts be changed?  My son's lower-end PC runs the game just fine, but takes long enough to load everything that the default 20s timeout kicks him EVERY time.

Which isn't a big deal when it's just he and I, but it means he can't play other folks who have the default CVAR.