Technical support > Linux

SuSe 12.1 Issues

<< < (2/3) > >>

gregopet:
Thank you, that did the trick!

gregopet:
Well, that did the trick for the 2.4 version.

Now I've pulled the latest version from GIT and the compile process goes on for a while, then chokes with a huge wall of errors (not pasting everything as the message would exceed 20000 characters - I can put it on some paste bin if somebody is interested):

--- Code: ---===> LD [ufo]
===> LD [ufoded]
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(elflink.o): In function `elf_link_add_object_symbols':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/elflink.c:4572: undefined reference to `objalloc_free_block'
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/elflink.c:4856: undefined reference to `_sch_istable'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(elflink.o): In function `bfd_elf_size_dynamic_sections':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/elflink.c:6021: undefined reference to `lbasename'
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/elflink.c:6252: undefined reference to `lbasename'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(pei-x86_64.o): In function `pex64_bfd_print_pdata':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/pei-x86_64.c:463: undefined reference to `xmalloc'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(xcofflink.o): In function `xcoff_archive_info_hash':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/xcofflink.c:497: undefined reference to `htab_hash_pointer'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(xcofflink.o): In function `xcoff_get_archive_info':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/xcofflink.c:522: undefined reference to `htab_find_slot'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(xcofflink.o): In function `_bfd_xcoff_bfd_link_hash_table_create':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/xcofflink.c:605: undefined reference to `htab_create'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(xcofflink.o): In function `bfd_xcoff_split_import_path':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/xcofflink.c:694: undefined reference to `lbasename'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(bfd.o): In function `bfd_errmsg':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/bfd.c:503: undefined reference to `xstrerror'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(bfd.o): In function `bfd_demangle':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/bfd.c:1895: undefined reference to `cplus_demangle'
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/bfd.c:1895: undefined reference to `cplus_demangle'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(opncls.o): In function `_bfd_new_bfd':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/opncls.c:75: undefined reference to `objalloc_create'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(opncls.o): In function `_bfd_delete_bfd':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/opncls.c:136: undefined reference to `objalloc_free'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(opncls.o): In function `_bfd_free_cached_info':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/opncls.c:149: undefined reference to `objalloc_free'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(opncls.o): In function `bfd_alloc':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/opncls.c:917: undefined reference to `_objalloc_alloc'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(opncls.o): In function `bfd_alloc2':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/opncls.c:956: undefined reference to `_objalloc_alloc'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(opncls.o): In function `find_separate_debug_file':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/opncls.c:1277: undefined reference to `lrealpath'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(opncls.o): In function `bfd_create_gnu_debuglink_section':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/opncls.c:1412: undefined reference to `lbasename'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(opncls.o): In function `bfd_fill_in_gnu_debuglink_section':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/opncls.c:1500: undefined reference to `lbasename'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(opncls.o): In function `bfd_release':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/opncls.c:1024: undefined reference to `objalloc_free_block'
/usr/lib64/libbfd.a(syms.o): In function `bfd_decode_symclass':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/binutils-2.21.1/build-dir/bfd/../../bfd/syms.c:710: undefined reference to `_sch_toupper'

--- End code ---

Battlescared:
Undefined references are usually a faulty dependency, which could mean that you're missing a support package, or something didn't compile correctly.  I haven't tried to compile the latest build though, but I would suspect the later.  Were there any other errors prior to this?  Something before the LD command started?

Mattn:
it looks like your libbfd (binutils-dev) is broken.

gregopet:
I suspected it would have something to do with external dependencies - I'm a programmer, it's just been quite a long time since I've dealt with C (or C++) on Linux (I'm a spoiled web developer now)

I tried reinstalling the binutils-devel package and installed the 32bit version as well (just in case), then I deleted the debug-linux-x86_64 folder (which should clean out any previous builds, right?) but still no luck. It's quite possible my system is b0rked in some way as I'm not always gentle with it :) so maybe I will try reinstalling it in the near future..

How would I go about building the 32bit version on a 64 bit system (if that is possible)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version