Technical support > Linux

installing 2.4-1?

(1/4) > >>

igor140:
so, i'm still an ubuntu newb, but i've been look forward to 2.4 for a while.  i've come to find that playdeb.net is down, which is unfortunate.  i've individually downloaded each of the .deb packages (data, server, music, the "basic", and even the radiant that i don't need), but i can't seem to install them. 

as far as i understand it, i need to first install the servers, then the data, then the music, then the "basic" package... the server tells me it's installed, but not configured.  what does that even mean?  why was this not nearly as complicated with 2.3...?

igor140:
it also keeps telling me that it needs libmxml.so.1 but i don't know where this is.  is this part of the -data package?

MCR:

--- Quote from: igor140 on April 27, 2012, 05:32:10 am ---so, i'm still an ubuntu newb, but i've been look forward to 2.4 for a while.  i've come to find that playdeb.net is down, which is unfortunate.

--- End quote ---

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/05/getdeb-playdeb-repositories-down-what.html

wizardelo:
so is 2.4 official released? because desura and playdeb have 2.3.1 version up not the 2.4 even tho the links from the Download section say 2.4
i was hopping for a .deb file for my ubuntu, but before i compile one myself from sources is there any out there?

geever:

--- Quote from: wizardelo on May 03, 2012, 09:50:53 am ---so is 2.4 official released? because desura and playdeb have 2.3.1 version up not the 2.4 even tho the links from the Download section say 2.4
i was hopping for a .deb file for my ubuntu, but before i compile one myself from sources is there any out there?

--- End quote ---

Sorry, not yet, our packager is away ATM.

-geever

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version