Archive > Bugs prior to release 2.4

Buglist 2.4dev Mar 9 2012

<< < (2/3) > >>

ShipIt:
@geever

--- Quote from: geever on March 29, 2012, 12:12:13 am ---Maybe the AI was stuck? It should not happen..
-geever

--- End quote ---

This maybe is the same problem already reported by Aprogas.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3510632&group_id=157793&atid=805242

beamer145:

--- Quote from: ShipIt on March 29, 2012, 10:29:38 am ---This maybe is the same problem already reported by Aprogas.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3510632&group_id=157793&atid=805242

--- End quote ---

I too had stunned 2 of my own units earlier in the game & a pretty high amount of gas for a 3th unit (not by accident but to prevent one of them from being killed, i swear  :) ).
That 3th unit was shot and as a result stunned in the turn that never ended (or maybe the turn right before that, not 100 % sure anymore).
Sorry about not mentioning that before, I thought the problem was related to the new ship, not the stunning as it seems now.

ShipIt:

--- Quote from: DarkRain on March 29, 2012, 02:33:23 am ---This door was made open-able only recently, in fact I wasn't aware of it until a few days ago, and have never used it, guess you are the first to notice this. :)

--- End quote ---

@DarkRain
Just out of curiousity about the history of this recently added door. This door is a real pain for the game, highly resistant against fixes, so any attempt to fix it will  produce new problems every time. So I doubt this will be the last time we hear of it. ???

beamer145:

--- Quote from: ShipIt on March 29, 2012, 10:29:38 am ---This maybe is the same problem already reported by Aprogas.

--- End quote ---

The problem seems indeed easily reproducable when you start stunning soldiers.
I just recreated it by gassing 3 soldiers. I first tried with a single soldier and having that one shot. That did not trigger the problem, though it was also a bit special, because he was shot, stunned and then immediately revived when it was my turn.  Then i stunned another 3 soldiers, ended the turn, and then I had the problem. (the first one I stunned/got shot/got revived is in the screenshot selected).
BTW entering 'help' in the console seemed to complete lock the application, not sure if that is because help is not supported or because the application is in a weird state (console log in attachment)
Corresponding savegame right before the mission is also in attachment.
------------------------------

--- Quote ---
[BPE] In the soldier equipment screen, when removing an armour from a person (by dragging or by replacing by different armour), it is not added to the storage pool.

[geever]I think there was a bug UI was not correctly updated, but removed armour was added to the storage (well, in fact they're not removed ever). Could you check that? By exiting, and reentering the UI does it appear?

[DarkRain]I had this happen to me, but now I can no longer reproduce it in the more recent versions, maybe it already died out?
Will check this again.

--- End quote ---

I can confirm that the number is updated correctly by going to the world view and reopening the base view.
I also noticed that if I start a new game, buy some armour, assign to a unit, then drag back to storage, the problem does not occur.
If after buying and assigning to a unit; I exit to world view, let some time pass and then drag the armour from the unit back into storage, then I have the problem. Strange!?

--------------------

--- Quote ---
    - I was also long time confused about the UFO shipyards. I accumalated them there till it is full, but there is no explanation what I should be doing with them. And some obsolete info about 'ufo hangars' had me waiting for some kind of tech I could research in order to build ufo hangars.

Where is this obsolete info? It should be removed.

--- End quote ---
Not ingame, so that is OK.
I just started googling on how I was suppose to disassemble ufo's because obviously I was missing something, and that gives you some hits that still mention the ufo hangars. Probably some forum posts , but also eg http://ufoai.org/wiki/index.php/Translation:B_large_ufo_hangar_txt/en
Other realisation on why I had problems finding this: as a first time player you explore all menus/options/screens to get to know the possibilities, and initially the disassembly screen of a workshop is empty and you really don't know what its purpose is. So you overwhelmed by all that new info you kind of mentally dismiss that screen as not particularly interesting and never look at it again.
Might be solved by something like putting a 'UFO disassembly not yet available' or something message in under the tab.

-------------
The map that hang when loading seemed indeed to be mansion (I have no preview of mansion in the multiplayer create game)
The map with the crouching problem is indeed bridge, sorry (stupid, I actually originally thought it was called 'railroad bridge', then looked it up in the multiplayer map overview and saw it was only one noun, and somehow managed to write down the wrong half of what I remembered. Go figure.)

-------------
Additional new remarks:

- The default graphical settings completely "white out" bases and other icons on antarctica. The effect also occurs on the circles representing sam/radar radiusses. Meaning you have to start a clickfest to find your base on antarctica on a sunny day (or get there via starting from a different base). That may unintentionally be realistic though ;)
Can be fixed by playing with the settings though so not a huge issue.

- Except for 1 map(where the alien ship is on a hill ?), soldiers will have entered the ship when the mission starts. For some reason,  half of them or on the side of the ship that faces the edge of the map so that I lose a turn before they are in position. I'd prefer to start inside the ship over such a starting configuration.

- Standalone radar posts have a too small area in comparison to base radars, especially once you have the improved radars. There should be an upgrade path for them too ?

- Interceptor weapons without ammo (eg laser/particle) can still run out of ammo ?

- Destructible maps: it is mentioned this is not possible because of limitations with the engine. Imagine my surprise then when glass shatters + the fence on one of the maps (japanese ?) can be destroyed, removing my cover.

Thanks for the feedback btw !

geever:

--- Quote from: beamer145 on March 29, 2012, 09:01:34 pm ---- Standalone radar posts have a too small area in comparison to base radars, especially once you have the improved radars. There should be an upgrade path for them too ?

--- End quote ---

Their main function is to increase the tracking range. As you can build 3 of them by each base, with a big detection range you could quickly cover the whole planet which hurts the game balance.

--- Quote from: beamer145 on March 29, 2012, 09:01:34 pm ---- Interceptor weapons without ammo (eg laser/particle) can still run out of ammo ?

--- End quote ---

About the same. A weapon with unlimited ammo unbalance the fight. Also we can say, that the laser weapon uses energy...

--- Quote from: beamer145 on March 29, 2012, 09:01:34 pm ---- Destructible maps: it is mentioned this is not possible because of limitations with the engine. Imagine my surprise then when glass shatters + the fence on one of the maps (japanese ?) can be destroyed, removing my cover.

--- End quote ---

There are two major problems with destructible terrain:
* lighting: The game mostly use static lights and shadows. if a wall is destroyed it's shadow would remain.
* routing: A destroyed wall part can open a new passage.

The windows are transparent therefore the lighting problem is solved.
When a window is destroyed the routing table has to be recalculated. This means more breakable entities lead to slower rendering.

-geever

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version