project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: MtT's 2.4 buglist  (Read 3340 times)

Offline MtTriglav

• Rookie
    • View Profile
MtT's 2.4 buglist
« on: February 20, 2012, 12:48:15 am »
Hello everyone.

First of all, many congratulations to all involved for a most addictive, nostalgic and wonderfully developped game. Apart from the few reported issues I've had very little trouble with 2.3.1, and rather smooth sailing in 2.4 as well.

I'm running the latest version + updates from here: http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php/topic,2830.675.html, on a Win7 64-bit laptop. No graphic glitches so far or any such anomalies...

But I have noticed two sorts of strange behaviour when compared to 2.3.1 where this didn't occur.

1. Switched around
Occasionally gear, names and people appear switched around in mission. I send in Mr.X, with a machine gun and Ms.Y with a pistol, in game Mr.X can appear with the female body and pistol, etc. The black guy shows a black face in the portrait, but his character has a white face, etc. It has occured before that I have fought one battle, and all were mixed up, I finished the battle, then instead of returning to base I flew straight to next mission and everything was in order and in place in the second battle. The anomaly didn't appear to belong to any specific map, as usually if I reload after crash, the same issue does not occur.

2. End-battle crash
Unlike 2.3.1 where the end of battle usually occured rather immediately after killing last alien on map, in 2.4 the following usually occurs.
I kill the last alien, then for about 15 seconds (I assume while the game is counting characters, aliens and civillians left) I can select or move my guys, then I get the "Civillian spotted!" message and battle ends. But sometimes if I as much as touch the mouse after last alien killed, the game will freeze completely and I have to ctrl-alt-del out of it. If I do not touch the mouse after killing what I assume is the last alien and count to 15, the game will not freeze or crash, but either continue due to more aliens living, or end regularly. This is practically the only crash I've encountered so far.

3. Other small bugs I noticed:
-in battle, sometimes some character's movement point blue line doesn't decrease after shooting
-in the aircraft soldier selection screen, clicking on one's tick-box sometimes regularly selects the one below (for all troops), exiting and re-entering the selection menu fixes it.
-on world map, missiles appear to fly backwards

Apologies for wasting your time if these have already been reported.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:07:02 pm by MtTriglav »

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Instances of strange behaviour in 2.4
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 04:07:54 am »
Hi, and welcome to the forums,

it seems you are using an outdated version of UFO:AI, most of those bug are already fixed,

in fact Muton seems to have moved his builds to a different thread:
In the future use this ...

http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php/topic,6302.msg49930.html#msg49930

I suggest you check that topic and grab an up-to date nightly build or the latest of Muton's builds there.

Offline MtTriglav

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Instances of strange behaviour in 2.4
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 10:16:51 am »
Ah, silly me.  :)

Thank you for the pointer. Might be worthwhile to update the Downloads section of the page, where "Forum topic. Look at the last page." leads to the outdated builds then.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:48:54 am by MtTriglav »

Offline MtTriglav

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: MtT's 2.4 buglist
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 10:10:17 pm »
Get a back-to-map mission abort whenever the mission is "Crashed UFO in oriental suburban district".

See attachments for build, event and console screenies.

Edit:
Equally not working with "Harvesting mission in oriental suburban district."
Although oddly enough it did load the mission once, but on all subsequent reloads it doesn't.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:45:57 pm by MtTriglav »

Offline Thurak

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 11:16:47 pm »
I can confirm this oriental suburban problem. Doesn't ever work for me.

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 06:53:08 am »