project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Have Reaction Fire and the Overwhleming UFO Numbers Been Fixed?  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Watered_Down

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Have Reaction Fire and the Overwhleming UFO Numbers Been Fixed?
« on: November 16, 2011, 02:23:20 am »
Hi guys, I am a long-time lurker, first-time poster...I played X-COM back on the PS1 when it first came out and I dominated the game after much practice...I played UFO AI last Spring and it was pretty cool, really incredible how much work must be involved to make it.... but it ran quite slowly and the reaction fire feature simply did not work, causing me to get slaughtered. Then I read that a bit later in the game time, UFOs would appear way, way too frequently and the game got really tedious. So, it looks like the October update was a big one and I would appreciate any advice about if these issues have been resolved.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:28:48 am by Watered_Down »

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Have Reaction Fire and the Overwhleming UFO Numbers Been Fixed?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 11:55:39 am »
but it ran quite slowly and the reaction fire feature simply did not work, causing me to get slaughtered.

Slow rendering is fixed. The reaction fire is working much better now, but still has minor issues to be solved.

Then I read that a bit later in the game time, UFOs would appear way, way too frequently and the game got really tedious.

We are working on that, it will be fixed in the final v2.4 release, it is on the TODO list: http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Talk:TODO/2.4