Technical support > Linux

Getting UFO on Ubuntu 11.10

<< < (2/3) > >>

Crashdown:
Followed the instructions and succeeded in installing 2.3.1.

Unfortunately it seems that after changing the resolution of the game it now crashes when I start it. Any ideas guys?

geever:

--- Quote from: Crashdown on February 09, 2012, 06:34:32 pm ---Followed the instructions and succeeded in installing 2.3.1.

Unfortunately it seems that after changing the resolution of the game it now crashes when I start it. Any ideas guys?

--- End quote ---

Remove your config.cfg from .ufoai.

-geever

Crashdown:
For some bizarre reason, with no action on my part other than about eight attempts to start the game, it now works just fine. Yay.

redaxe90:
I installed the game a couple of days ago and only got the blackout screen. I heard a bit of music at the start, but soonish it just froze and refused to continue any further.

I've tried everything suggested so far in this thread and nothing has changed in this regard.
I even went so far as to remove OpenJDK from the computer, installing SunJavaJDK in it's stead.
The most unusual thing about this all is that I had previously installed the game on my dinosaur AMD TBird 1GHz system 512MB RAM and a 64MB Nvidia graphics card and all is well there.

However on this much later machine, with much more powerful hardware, it completely refuses to comply with any of my attempts at running the game.

Any ideas?

Kind regards
Tomas

Update, I added the ufoconsole.log as well as the cfg files to this post, if someone can see any oddities within, since they are all new after the game crashed

redaxe90:
Well, I found out what had happened. Since I love to mess around with settings, my messing around with the antialiasing and anisotropic filtering caused the game to refuse loading properly. But I have to load the game in safe mode at the moment. It's entirely possible that I can run it without safe mode, but I'm still waiting to see how it performs now.

Those ask and answer threads around here give invaluable insight into what I've been doing wrong and I better start taking notice :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version