project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Raptor Troop carrier and Corrupter.  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Crashdown

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Raptor Troop carrier and Corrupter.
« on: October 28, 2011, 01:47:37 am »
Love the game. ;D

I found the ability of the Raptor to handle enemy fighters really well to be a bonus. If anyone attacks you on the way, just shoot them down and they become your next mission. One bit of bother is that despite it being high off the ground, my guys still seem to have to run around it. At the same time they seem to be vulnerable to fire as they now have nothing to hide behind. Anyone else have some feedback and ideas?

On the corruptor, I seem to have difficulty taking one that is intact. Folks tend to come barreling down the ramp to the second deck rather aggressively. By the time I kill them off, inevitably at least one of my squad members is dead which sucks when they are really experienced troops. :'( Any ideas on that one?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Raptor Troop carrier and Corrupter.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 11:33:07 am »
I found the ability of the Raptor to handle enemy fighters really well to be a bonus. If anyone attacks you on the way, just shoot them down and they become your next mission. One bit of bother is that despite it being high off the ground, my guys still seem to have to run around it. At the same time they seem to be vulnerable to fire as they now have nothing to hide behind. Anyone else have some feedback and ideas?

I agree, the Raptor doesn't really "work" right in the battlescape.

Offline Duque Atreides

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 11:58:55 pm »
The bomber and corrupter are available in 2.3.1 version? The aliens bombs the phalanx installations?

Offline Crashdown

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 12:42:41 pm »
No bomber. The Raptor dropship is available and you will encounter corrupters.