project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Having lag problems I didn't have before  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Comander Bill Overbeck

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Having lag problems I didn't have before
« on: October 13, 2011, 01:56:00 am »
I've seen other lag topics before but my version didn't have lag this bad until now. I tried messing with the graphic settings, deleted and redownloaded the entire game and the lag persists. Note: I did not have lag before last night that wasn't able to be solved via clossing a few other programs. Now it runs horribly even if I'm running nothing amd the game is at it's lowest settings. It's not the graphic card.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Having lag problems I didn't have before
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 07:11:36 am »
and you changed nothing? or did you redownload the nightly, recompiled from master, reinstalled mutons windows builds? which platform are you on? what is your system spec? do you have shaders enabled? please attach your ufoconsole.log and maybe even your config.cfg, and please extend the set of information a little bit ;)

Offline Comander Bill Overbeck

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Having lag problems I didn't have before
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 02:44:54 pm »
downloaded it from the stable windows version, as I've said I tried messing with the graphic settings, but now it's even worse. I'm thinking about deleting it again with my settings and saved game *which will suck because I already have 3 working bases and am using plasma weapons :'(* and reloading the whole game. My laptop is a Sony Vaio built out of the box for gaming, it runs Oblivion with graphic enhancers fine, I don't know it's specific specs but I bought it over a year ago and it runs windows 7 and has a 287 GB Hard drive
Edit: Okay I tried it and now I have massive lag on on missions and now the envirorments are almost all blacked out, I didn't have these problems when I first installed this game.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:46:48 pm by Comander Bill Overbeck »