Technical support > Mac

Still no head objects in latest dev PPC build?

<< < (3/3)

Mattn:
configure does not generate a makefile, the makefile already exists. configure generates config.h and makefile.local

check that git log is from today after

--- Code: ---git checkout -f
git clean -f -d
git pull --rebase
./configure
make -j 2
--- End code ---

virag0:
Hi Matt,
that did it!  All my troopers now have heads properly placed in the credits and everywhere else!

Also, the save game methods now work correctly.   I saved my game to a slot and it created
the appropriate label and there were no corruption error messages on the console.
Loading the game, the label text was correct and the slot loaded correctly.

I seem to have a very fast, playable version of the game now!

I will compile this and bundle it up and upload it somewhere if anyone wants it or they
should possibly use your one.   My G5 has NVidia graphics, I do not know if this makes a difference?

I will now try to track the 2.4-dev build and keep it up to date, but I need advice about this. 
I do not like having to spend more time figuring git out than I do compiling and tweaking.
Perhaps we need some of this in the FAQ etc as I find the existing documentation a bit confusing.

BTW, I did not know this game used lua.   I was thinking of studying it as a side exercise and then realised
UFO used it.  Is there anything that needs lua work done that would be a good learning method?

For now, I am happy to prove the 2.4 dev build is working OK on PPC and I will try to find time
for a Solaris version, but I think I am having trouble with GLext and OpenGL there.

rachel

Mattn:
lua
we have an battlescape ai written in lua. it's not yet used in the game and will most likely be removed soon. you can activate it with the cvar g_ailua set to 1

solaris
we have a solaris port already - but no build files yet - see build/platforms - there is a solaris.mk missing. if you can contribute one that would be cool. which "solaris" are you using nowadays?

git
you always use the sequence i posted above - but that will revert your local changes (if you have made any)

--- Code: ---git stash
git pull --rebase
git stash pop

--- End code ---
The stash parts will keep your local changes. if you don't have any local changes, git pull --rebase is enough

virag0:
Where I have got with Solaris so far is compiling all the library dependencies thus:

--- Code: ---libasprintf.so         libiconv.so      libSDL.so
libbz2.so              libidn.so        libsmpeg.so
libcharset.so          libintl.so       libssl.so
libcrypto.so           libjpeg.so       libstdc++.so
libcurl.so             libmenu.so       libtheora.so
libFLAC.so             libmikmod.so     libtheoradec.so
libFLAC++.so           libncurses.so    libtheoraenc.so
libform.so             libogg.so        libtiff.so
libfreetype.so         libpanel.so      libtiffxx.so
libgettextlib-0.18.so  libpng.so        libvorbis.so
libgettextlib.so       libpng15.so      libvorbisenc.so
libgettextpo.so        libreadline.so   libvorbisfile.so
libgettextsrc-0.18.so  libSDL_image.so  libxml2.so
libgettextsrc.so       libSDL_mixer.so  libz.so
libhistory.so          libSDL_ttf.so    preloadable_libiconv.so

--- End code ---

SOme of these already exist in Solaris in various forms, but my aim is to compile a relocatable package
with as few external dependencies as possible.

This is for SPARC Solaris 10, BTW.   I am hung up on some OpenGL libraries, that I think are missing
but I am unsure what to do yet.   So, I have all my support libs done, but no OpenGL support yet.

I might give lua a go - is the lua AI going away in UFO?   If so, I will look at something else.   

Thanks for the git advice - I am old school and just used to tarballs and rcs style stuff.   I do not have a lot of
time to work on these things and git is <ahem> not a career path I have intended to adopt.....  ...I only really
want to learn enough about it to maintain what I have downloaded....  ;)

rachel

Mattn:
we will get a new ai in the future - but it is possible that we script it with lua then, too - there is no decision made yet. it would be great if you update this article in our wiki http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Compile_for_Solaris about solaris compilation (if it is needed)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version