project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Question about Patches and my current version  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Kami-Kaze

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Question about Patches and my current version
« on: September 24, 2011, 08:21:28 pm »
I have recently downloaded the latest stable release (2.3.1) but i'm noticing that, unless i'm wrong, other people posting about 2.3.1 seem to have features that are missing in my game (for example, other dropships. From what I can tell, some are ones that are meant to be available early on yet I never got anything like that).

Have I missed something here? Is there some other patch I should be installing to be fully up to date with 2.3?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Patches and my current version
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 09:10:28 pm »
It can be confusing even for us to tell whether a user is posting about 2.3.1 or a development version.

There is only one dropship available at the beginning of the game. I'm not sure if the other dropships are incorporated into the campaign yet and, if so, when they appear.

There are three dropships available when playing some maps in Skirmish mode.

This is the only patch for 2.3.1 and you should download it if you haven't already because it fixes a critical problem with one of the maps.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 09:18:07 pm »
There is only one dropship available at the beginning of the game. I'm not sure if the other dropships are incorporated into the campaign yet and, if so, when they appear.

They are available (Herakles, Raptor), but only after the first alien base discovered, AFAIR.

-geever

Offline Kami-Kaze

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 09:32:11 am »
Hrm. Actually, last night whilst playing, indeed, I finally found my first alien base (by this point, I was starting to wonder if there was supply ships but no bases). Went in, cleared it out with only 2 casualties (whole group is armed with coilguns so most battles aren't really problematic). And ... apparently that's game over!
From what i've seen on wiki, it looks like there's meant to be further plot-stuff already in-game (The Enemy On Earth, A New Twist, etc.) but I only ever could get as far as 'The Universal Serum'. Are these other researches and plot-stuffs in game already (and therefore I shouldn't touch any alien bases with a ten-foot pole so as to avoid game-end) or is that maybe only in latest version?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 12:34:49 pm »
Geever may have to correct me again, but I believe in 2.3.1 the campaign ends after the first alien base. We plan for there to be a series of special late-game battles in future versions but it will take us some time to get there!

2.4 does have a brand new alien base which you can look forward to, though.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 02:45:45 pm »
yes, 2.3.1 ends after the first alien base