Technical support > Mac

bugs (in Mac version at least)

<< < (2/4) > >>

geever:

--- Quote from: ovvldc on August 21, 2011, 08:41:49 am ---Did anyone have luck reproducing my crash from the savegame? It might not even be mac-specific, but I have no machine to compare it to.

--- End quote ---

No. it worked fine on 2.4-dev here AFAIR.

--- Quote from: ovvldc on August 21, 2011, 08:41:49 am ---Are savegames compatible between platforms? I could try installing UFO:AI in Wine and run it there..

--- End quote ---

Meant to be. We have however heard problems with savegames on big endian machines, we couldn't yet investigate it because we don't have such a hardware.

-geever

ovvldc:

--- Quote from: geever on August 21, 2011, 12:33:56 pm ---No. it worked fine on 2.4-dev here AFAIR.
--- End quote ---

OK. Not much help them. Let me know if I can be of further help to find what is going on.

best wishes,
 Oscar

virag0:
Hi,
I have played with my 2.4-DEV PPC version for a couple of nights now.
Apart from the GL shading problems I noted the following bugs, but I am not sure if they are intentional, just not done yet or actual issues.

First one is that the mouseover "hover" text in various locations is not displayed correctly.   In the 2.3.1 version I seem to recall these
little tool tips were encapsulated in a box with a slight background and made easier to read.   In the 2.4 version, it is just the text
strings and so you get cases where you cannot read the text in the tooltip because there is other text behind it.

Second problem appears in the tactical maps.   If I shoot at an alien, there is no weapon sound, no "tracer" of a projectile and
no animation of an impact etc.    A flamethrower doesn't produce any flames or anything.  There's no indication of a hit
or anything - if I kill an alien, it will scream and die, but it seems there is something missing.   Reaction fire from an alien happens
almost instantly, so it looked like in many cases, I would line up a shot and click the mouse and the alien would shoot back
in the same instant, so it looks like my trooper shot himself!     So I do not know if these are bugs or just not coded yet.
The action of an alien or trooper dying seems to still work, but there's no gratifying Kaboom.

Also, in the Credits view, there's  a collection of troopers, some great music and their names.    They are all headless warriors however,
so they look a bit weird.   Please supply heads for these brave troopers!

Thirdly, as mentioned previously, the Save game slots do not display any text, but appear to save/load just fine in spite of a "save slot corrupted" message.

Lastly,  enabling any GL features "not supported" will overload my G5, the fans kick in and the mouse cursor becomes very unresponsive.
I work around this one by not selecting any too-hard features in the graphics control panel, which seems to have lost a few options since 2.3.1.

The last time I did the 2.4 build was early this year and it ran very badly on the PPC G5.    This one seems to run a lot better, so I say it is getting there..... ;)

If anyone wants a copy of my game build, please let me know and I will see what can be done to upload it somewhere.   I have a fully packaged binary,
relocatable to any 10.5. PPC system.

rachel

geever:
I would be interested in a savegame (and maybe a multiplayer team definition file) created on your PPC machine with the original (not patched) UFO:AI code, so I can investigate the possible savegame issues. Thanks!

-geever

virag0:
Hi,
here is my savegame and other files - I could not find the multiplayer file or I do not know the name!

The files are from the 2.4-DEV release pulled down this week and compiled.
I have not modified the code in any way, just some of the local make config settings.

Please let me know if you want anything else.....

rachel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version