project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Achri

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Greetings
« on: July 26, 2011, 03:28:14 am »
Hi there, I just stumbled upon UAI. I have been writing up a game design document for the last few weeks. My friend told me that apparently I have been designing a game called XCOM without realizing it, lol. Glad I didn't get too much code down. I am highly impressed with this project and how well it is put together. Since I have no 3d graphics programming experience it will take me a while to get to a point that I could help with that, but I look forward to being able to contribute at some point.

Who started UFO:AI?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:14:57 am »
Hi there, I just stumbled upon UAI. I have been writing up a game design document for the last few weeks. My friend told me that apparently I have been designing a game called XCOM without realizing it, lol. Glad I didn't get too much code down. I am highly impressed with this project and how well it is put together. Since I have no 3d graphics programming experience it will take me a while to get to a point that I could help with that, but I look forward to being able to contribute at some point.

Who started UFO:AI?

Welcome!

That's a good question, I don't know it either. :) Check the credits sequence. This is the second life of the project.

Oh, and you can contribute without 3d graphics knowledge too. ;)

-geever

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Greetings
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 09:18:01 pm »
ufo was started by herby, rasta and sparxx later sacrusha joined the team and then me. the project wasn't continued for ~1 year and i published it on sourceforge.net then. after that everything is the git repo ;)