Technical support > Linux

Problems with 2.4 version..[armour issue solved]

(1/5) > >>

gargy2002:
Hi all,
I couldn't wait until the 2.4 trunk comes out so I have installed the development version as I always do. The game is cool again but I have noticed some problems. The soldiers are always in the same directions so when I move forward, an alien behind opens fire and mostly kill a member of the squad. They are pretty accurate and the damage level is also higher than in my soldier because they can fire 3 single shots from a plasma handgun and a soldier is dead. I have to fire 2x double fire (6 shots) from a laser rifle to kill him (Taman w/o armor). I don't know why but I can't collect any alien armor (even when they wear a light or strong armor) and it means that I'm stuck with just that human armor from the beginning of the game. I have chosen quite many auto missions (50x50) so maybe there is the problem.
I use the last Sabayon linux 6.0 as an OS. I don't bother with the level damage but the missing armor research makes my soldiers weak and I have to retry many missions to keep the squad alive. It takes a single shot to kill a soldier by a plasma rifle. I have to fire 3 rockets or 5 grenades to kill an Ortnok with a heavy armor equipped by the rifle or a plasma blaster but he kills a soldier by a single shot..:)

geever:

--- Quote from: gargy2002 on July 04, 2011, 01:55:05 am ---Hi all,
I couldn't wait until the 2.4 trunk comes out so I have installed the development version as I always do. The game is cool again but I have noticed some problems. The soldiers are always in the same directions so when I move forward, an alien behind opens fire and mostly kill a member of the squad. They are pretty accurate and the damage level is also higher than in my soldier because they can fire 3 single shots from a plasma handgun and a soldier is dead. I have to fire 2x double fire (6 shots) from a laser rifle to kill him (Taman w/o armor). I don't know why but I can't collect any alien armor (even when they wear a light or strong armor) and it means that I'm stuck with just that human armor from the beginning of the game. I have chosen quite many auto missions (50x50) so maybe there is the problem.
I use the last Sabayon linux 6.0 as an OS. I don't bother with the level damage but the missing armor research makes my soldiers weak and I have to retry many missions to keep the squad alive. It takes a single shot to kill a soldier by a plasma rifle. I have to fire 3 rockets or 5 grenades to kill an Ortnok with a heavy armor equipped by the rifle or a plasma blaster but he kills a soldier by a single shot..:)

--- End quote ---

Automission feature is WIP, it doesn't collect items yet.

-geever

gargy2002:

--- Quote from: geever on July 04, 2011, 10:37:48 am ---Automission feature is WIP, it doesn't collect items yet.

-geever

--- End quote ---
Hi, some of them show (mission statement) that items have been collected. It also shows that instead of a Harvester I'm selling a Scout but the price is correct. The damage level of the crashed UFO (percentage) is also different, I mean when I want to sell it and when actually selling to a nation. It might be a bug but not important, I recover landed Ufos only, they have more aliens materials and the dismantle time is also the same as for damaged ones..

geever:

--- Quote from: gargy2002 on July 04, 2011, 03:15:29 pm ---Hi, some of them show (mission statement) that items have been collected. It also shows that instead of a Harvester I'm selling a Scout but the price is correct. The damage level of the crashed UFO (percentage) is also different, I mean when I want to sell it and when actually selling to a nation.

--- End quote ---

Collecting data for the result screen is not yet finished (for automission), so it is possible, that it shows data from earlier (maybe manually done) mission here or there.

--- Quote from: gargy2002 on July 04, 2011, 03:15:29 pm ---It might be a bug but not important, I recover landed Ufos only, they have more aliens materials and the dismantle time is also the same as for damaged ones..

--- End quote ---

It is by-design.

-geever

gargy2002:
Hi,
I have started playing the game again and now without the automissions. I still can't collect the alien armor even when all aliens on a mission wear them. I have noticed a bug. When I play the middle East suburb mission, one soldier can't move at all and has to stay at the Firebird. I can't play it. Later missions when all Ortnoks have the heavy armor and my soldier only the basic ones are like a slaughter.. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version