project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFO:AI for Vodafone 858 smart  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
UFO:AI for Vodafone 858 smart
« on: July 02, 2011, 01:44:41 pm »
Hi, i'm getting that phone this monday, so i'm thinking if you could release a version for 240x320 screen and 256MB RAM. Alternatively, i could play the version that is on my computer (the "net.sourceforge.ufoai.apk" file, version 2.4.0.01, found on mobileapk.info).

P.S. About the link, i'm not trying to advertise. I'm just showing where i found it.

As suggested by geever, i've made plans for android version.
This is the pc version with comments how it will look on android device. It still requires work.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 04:54:31 pm by PAUL1UZ5 »

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: UFO:AI for Vodafone 858 smart
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 01:46:25 pm »
And since there isn't technical support forum for android, i'm suggesting that you'd make one.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: UFO:AI for Vodafone 858 smart
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:58:41 pm »
The game was initially created for PCs, and still that's the main focus. The android port was done by contributor who expended time on developing it and we are grateful for it. However the team is too small to make major improvements on this side too at the moment - remember we have a game to finish. I hope, the start of the port will take interest of new developers to continue the work on it and UFO:AI will conquer the mobile "market" too.

Hi, i'm getting that phone this monday, so i'm thinking if you could release a version for 240x320 screen and 256MB RAM. Alternatively, i could play the version that is on my computer (the "net.sourceforge.ufoai.apk" file, version 2.4.0.01, found on mobileapk.info).

240x320 seems to be a very small screen even in smartphones' category, but doable, but 256Mb RAM is a very hard limit.

As suggested by geever, i've made plans for android version.
This is the pc version with comments how it will look on android device. It still requires work.

What I meant was a bit closer to the solution: UI scripts and graphics.
Everyone can see what's wrong, what we need is good UI designs in game.

-geever