project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: NO MAPEDITOR  (Read 3044 times)

Offline hkwh01

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
NO MAPEDITOR
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:32:50 pm »
I already ticked mapping ,map tools in ufoai-2.3.1-win32.exe installer
After installed ,there is a map editor shortcut only but there is no uforadiant.exe inside C:\Program Files\UFOAI-2.3.1\radiant\
and I'm prompt to delete the shortcut because theres no actual file linked to.

So I downloaded the uforadiant-1.5.0-win32.exe map editor from the homepage but when I open the installer it say:
NISIS ERROR
Installer integrity check has failed.Common causes include incomplete download and damgaed media.Contact the installer's author to obtain new copy.

Finally I tried  the "UFO:AI binaries (≈16MB), without game resources or maps - use these if you have a source repository checkout."
But When I open the file  uforadiant.exe , nothing happen,or pop out, then i go to task manager and it appear that there is uforadiant.exe running at 50% cpu ..
WTF?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:51:01 pm by hkwh01 »

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: NO MAPEDITOR
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:30:49 pm »
That IS strange.  What version of Windows are you running?

EDIT:  Wait a second, I think I see where the issue is.  At first I thought your link from the 2.3.1 installer had a bad path to the map editor binary, as you listed C:\Program Files\* (which is in older versions of Windows) and not C:\Program Files (x86)\* (which is in more recent 64-bit Windows).

Now I just tried the 2.3.1 installer - either the NSIS script or the build system that created it has a bug:  It places a "uforadiant" file in the right folder, but withOUT any extension.  It should have an "exe" extension, as "uforadiant.exe", but the extension is missing.

IIRC the official installers from SourceForge were built with a cross-compile from Linux, if so this means the Linux cross-build script has a bug as it somehow drops or doesn't include the .exe extension.

I haven't played 2.3.x in a while, I forgot if Mattn or one of the other devs here built that specific installer, but I will check and report it.

In the meantime, try going to the folder the complete installer set up and rename "uforadiant" to "uforadiant.exe" and that should do the trick.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 07:53:56 am by Destructavator »

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 08:12:46 am »
Update:  I just discovered the stand-alone installer for the map editor is corrupted, giving me the same errors you got.

I'll try to compile and build a new one myself, and give a link when it's ready, as a temporary measure.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 09:24:03 am »
Not sure if this will work for 2.3.x or not, but it's worth a try:

http://www.destructavator.com/ufoai/uforadiant-1.6.0-win32.exe

Offline Telcontar

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 06:26:16 pm »
That installer seems to work, Destruct. At the very least, it installs and launches successfully on Windows XP x64.