project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Is that all there is?  (Read 4390 times)

Offline eehrenh

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Is that all there is?
« on: January 18, 2011, 02:22:44 am »
I played until a base appeared on Earth. When I beat the base, it said that the game was over.
Did I hit a bug or is that all there is?

Thanks,

Evan

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Is that all there is?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 10:10:53 am »
I played until a base appeared on Earth. When I beat the base, it said that the game was over.
Did I hit a bug or is that all there is?

You won!

The storyline ends there for 2.3.

-geever

Offline kompan

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 10:25:56 pm »
Well, I've just seen the unexpected end sequence on 2.2.1 and now I'm a bit sad. The game ended kinda quickly after about 40 missions... however the last mission was called "TODO" and I began to suspect something :]
Anyway I had a lot of fun while playing, thanks guys! I appreciate all the hard work and many details put into this game - very different maps, nice graphic design, climatic music, not mentioning that some research emails from dr Connor were pure joy to read.
Surely I gonna try it after a while, but on higher difficulty level, or maybe meanwhile it will appear new universal Mac version that works out of the box? I hope so - reading about all new features in 2.3+ is like a teaser.

BTW does the developer team accept any donations? I would gladly send a few credits as I feel obligated to at least buy you guys a large pizza :) but can't find any address or Paypal account.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 12:11:38 am »
BTW does the developer team accept any donations? I would gladly send a few credits as I feel obligated to at least buy you guys a large pizza :) but can't find any address or Paypal account.

Since this game is developed across the globe by volunteers and even the core team is scattered, I don't think you could just donate to a single place for it to reach everybody.

Dev team/somebody who knows something is free to correct me.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 12:32:41 am »

From time to time we will post donation drives to support Ninex, who hosts all the UFO:AI website as well as several development tools. Support there is appreciated because Ninex is the only one who incurs financial expenses on behalf of the project. We did one at the end of 2010, but the goal was reached and there is no donation drive at the moment.

Offline eehrenh

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 06:08:37 am »
I have taken a couple of research paths and weapon combos and this game just totally rocks. I wish I could say "speed it up" or "I want to help". I don't know how to program this stuff, so I can't say speed it up.

Boy it is good. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks