Technical support > Mac

UFOAI for Mac???

<< < (5/7) > >>

Twenty-four:

--- Quote from: Damonicos on February 18, 2011, 07:42:58 pm ---lol confusing me, what is "cvar" ?
Im finding my Config.cfg in /Users/username/Documents/UFOAI-2.3/base
The Dev Folder (/Users/username/Documents/UFOAI-2.4-dev/base) only contains a ufoconsole.log (Thats it!)
I had cl_introshown set at 1 and it didnt work. I set it to 0 just for the heck of it but nothin happend. I'll try setting it to 1 again and see.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I have also a config.cfg file there, but I think that's only for 2.3, not for 2.4 dev-version. So it won't change anything if we change cvar in this file because this file is not the right one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it should be like this. I'm only wondering where the config.cfg file for 2.4 dev-version is. Is there none? There should be one but I can't find it, in the folder UFOAI-2.4-dev/base, where it should probably be, is only the ufoconsole.log..

Damonicos:
Yea your probably right 24 sounds right anyways. Im assuming the config in the 2.3 folder is being used but thats likely not the case.. where the other config.cfg file is or even if its there is unknown to me =\

kilder:
Good day, sirs!  8)

I have experienced the same problem as the above posters; it gives me exactly the same error —so it seems the cause it's pretty clear— but I also can't find the config.cfg file at all, even searching the invisible files... I'm thinking that the game doesn't create a config.cfg and that's what it says about it at the terminal:

--- Code: ---19/02/11 10:23:23 [0x0-0x1c01c].net.sourceforge.UFOAI[154] Adding game dir: /Users/jose/Documents/UFOAI-2.4-dev/base
19/02/11 10:23:23 [0x0-0x1c01c].net.sourceforge.UFOAI[154] using /Users/~~/Documents/UFOAI-2.4-dev/base for writing
19/02/11 10:23:23 [0x0-0x1c01c].net.sourceforge.UFOAI[154] executing default.cfg
19/02/11 10:23:23 [0x0-0x1c01c].net.sourceforge.UFOAI[154] couldn't execute config.cfg
19/02/11 10:23:23 [0x0-0x1c01c].net.sourceforge.UFOAI[154] ----- network initialization -------
19/02/11 10:23:23 [0x0-0x1c01c].net.sourceforge.UFOAI[154] libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0a zlib/1.2.5 libidn/1.19 initialized.
--- End code ---

I can provide the full report, if you desire, but it looks a lot like the other reports

So you could either give us foolproof instructions to tinker with default.cfg —which I also haven't found anywhere— or some step-by-step terminal magic, as we seem a bunch of clueless users :)

Thank you for your time; hope my comments are useful :)

proffles:
Creating a config.cfg file in

~/Documents/UFOAI-2.4-dev/base

containing just the line

set cl_introshown "1" a

Allows it to run fine (tested for about 10 secs) - ufoai will then create a proper config.cfg for you.

For the terminal averse, open textedit cut'n'paste "set cl_introshown "1" a" (without the surround quotes) into an empty file and save as "config.cfg" in your Documents/UFOAI-2.4-dev/base directory.  Terminal users almost certainly know how they can do this more simply.

Twenty-four:
IT WORKS!
Thanks! Just starting a new campaign an enjoying the new features... ;) Just great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version