project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: It's About Time! 16 Years!  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
It's About Time! 16 Years!
« on: May 16, 2011, 12:11:20 am »
16 years! 16 effing years and finally we did it!

Den glider in!
Den glider in!
Den glider in i mål igen!
Vi ska kämpa, vi ska ge,
Alt det vi har!
Vi ska ta guld igen!

Finland: Ice hockey world champions 2011! This is what we've been waiting for! And just to make it all the sweeter, the first time was in Stockholm, 4-1 over Sweden, and now it was 6-1 against Sweden again!

1 AM right now and my shift starts at 8 AM, but I really can't give a damn. Five hours of sleep is going to (have to) be enough and there's an end to it!

Yeeehaaaa! The Lion strikes to kill!

On that note, g'night everyone!

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: It's About Time! 16 Years!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 12:30:43 am »
Congratulations.

Sweden got us in the semifinals, I'm glad that you managed to beat em.

Well, bronze isn't bad either. At least we kicked some Russian ...backside again.

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:50:28 am »
Thanks! :)

It's ironic that the song we almost always use to celebrate ice hockey victories (Den glider in!) is actually in Swedish. Swedish is an official language over here and that particular song was composed specially for the Swedish games in 1995. We promptly stole it for ourselves when we won, which didn't go down very well over there at the time. We've been using it ever since.

;D

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:13:48 am »
interesting...

And I think Pavelec>Fasth. Maybe Fasth is suprisingly good considering the league he plays, but he's not THAT good.

Finland had a rough start with us, but last two matches you've shown that you deserve the gold.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 10:57:59 am »
Oh god, not here too. Me and my friends already expected our win to take over news and pop up everywhere but not in here!

... ;D

It's nice to see Finland win again after 16 years. I'm not really interested in ice hockey but Mertaranta keeps it interesting, and entertaining.

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 12:37:04 pm »
Oh god, not here too. Me and my friends already expected our win to take over news and pop up everywhere but not in here!

... ;D

It's nice to see Finland win again after 16 years. I'm not really interested in ice hockey but Mertaranta keeps it interesting, and entertaining.
Hey, I'm not the biggest fan myself. Only give a damn about the world championships and Olympic hockey. So, no more of that. :)