Technical support > Mac

Game does not start at all

<< < (3/8) > >>

Hypopyon:
Hey there, I have also had trouble starting UFO:AI.  The first time it allowed me to start a game - I was then marveling at the 3D world when it crashed.  I forgot to save the error report from that time.  Since then, it hasn't started the game.  A window will flash for an instant on game start-up, but it'll instantly return to my desktop.

I tried the fix from ashb to no success.  I followed the instructions exactly, though I could be doing it wrong.

I'm attaching the recent error log from force quitting the application after waiting several minutes for the game to load.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Rowanas:
I was having the exact same problem, same logs and whatnot, so I tried the solution provided and... it doesn't work. Same errors. Meep :(

geever:
The current development line (2.4-dev) got quite much Mac specific fix, I would try that.
You can download an installer from http://ufoai.ninex.info/snapshots/

-geever

Rowanas:
Oooh. That's odd. I downloaded 2.4 (it still doesn't work), so I tried the fix and got some new behaviour, namely:

install_name_tool: object: /Applications/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo malformed object (unknown load command 4)

That's what I get immediately after pressing enter on the mixer line.

Alas, I do not know what this means, and google won't tell me.

S3R3G4:
Hi all!

First of all thank you VERY MUCH to the developer for the effort to make such great game as UFO run on modern macs!

I tried to run version 2.4-dev on Macbook air, but I can only see the starting screen and then the game crashes. I attach the error report. Is there any way to solve the problem?

Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version