Technical support > Mac

Game does not start at all

(1/8) > >>

7chp:
I used to play the original, like all the rest of you, and loved it.

I played the 2.2 and 2.2.1 (last time May 08) and wanted to play again, but of course I want to play the newest version. (2.2.1 still starts up and I can play the save games from back then)

After downloading 2.3.1 for Mac, I try to run it and nothing happens... I mean, the UFOAI.app file is there, but running it only generates an error message saying it quit unexpectedly...  :'(

I am on a MacBook Pro (4,1) bought April 1st 2008, MacOSX 10.5.8, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

But I know very little about compiling and stuff like this... I do believe I have the X11 running since on 10.5.8... I sorta miss the UFO:AI for dummies instruction manual...  :-\

benwa1:
I have the same Operating System version and im getting the very same error report. Someone help!

argh2muchsecurity:
It doesn't look like there is any help. Even the people with the command line skills seem to get the game to work but then face other crashes. It seems this game is just dead on MAC. I wish the devs would have just admitted that so I wouldn't have wasted 6 hours trying to get the game to work.

bayo:
without log error or thing like that i dont think we can help a lot. Then maybe executing the game from the shell is a must to have some log error.

incognito_uk:
2.3 actually worked but there was a problem with the sound and music, but you could at least play the game.

2.3.1 was supposed to fix that problem and a few other bugs but just fails completely  :(

Version 2.3 should still be available for download though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version